Models Who Were One-Hit Wonders

Shana Zadrick in the 90's. Was a "GUESS" girl and appeared in the "Sports Illustrated" issue in 1992. Starred in George Michael's "Too Funky" music video with Linda Evangelista, Emma Sjoberg and Estelle Lefebure. Walked for Michael Kors, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, Adrienne Vittadini, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Max Mara, Gianfranco Ferre and Gaetano Navarra in 1993, before disappearing completely from the fashion scene.

Thanks for all these updates y'all. Good to see us still covering everybody's career.

I'm also curious about other past favorites of mine, Sigrid Agren, Karmen Pedaru, Valentina Z. Anyone know?
MDC rankings are a joke but their archives are insanely detailed. Too bad one is only able to have a limited use of the site for free.

Thanks for all these updates y'all. Good to see us still covering everybody's career.

I'm also curious about other past favorites of mine, Sigrid Agren, Karmen Pedaru, Valentina Z. Anyone know?

Sigrid lives in Martinique!

Britt Maren
She had 2 great seasons, Guido cut her hair for her debut Alex Wang (Opened), then recut it again for Balenciaga. Then she became the 'hair' girl... pity

Alex Wang Spring 2011/ Balenciaga Spring 2011
View attachment 1286248
I love how edgy she looked. I guess she just wasn't comfortable and went with her own style.
brides.jpg
Brides Magazine May 2015 bye Noe Dewitt
MDC

Amanda Wellsh, was the face of Versace for one season. I think fronted another blue chip designer, I can't remember who, and then disappeared. Still seems to model but small, small brands.

Stef van der Laan
She did the Givenchy campaign F/W 2012, had solid S/S and F/W 2013 show seasons. She then graced various editorials including CR Fashion Book, cover of ELLE and L'Officiel magazines, and that was about it.

GIVENCHY-BY-RICCARDO-TISCI-FW12-13-AD-CAMPAIGN-4-571x740.jpg
elle-netherlands-2012-august-01-single.jpg

sandrascloset, fashionmodeldirectory

Maartje Verhoef from dior, prada, valentino, louis vuitton, mcqueen campaigns (2015-2017), 3 perfum ads and then..... i thought she would be a big name as Rianne.
1721354555135.png

I liked Maartje quite a bit especially against the backdrop of that time, which had a cynical tint to it. She was so traditionally beautiful and had a very light untouched aura about her. I remember her always getting the best looks at shows. Maybe she lacked that it factor or fire to dominate but I think she had a very successful brief career.

Adut Akech, she was overexposed, its was all about “mamma and pappa” support but now you can barely see her. I always thought Anok was so much better than Adut but she was underrated at the beginning compared to Adut but forutnately Anok is star now

I wouldn't call Adut a one-hit wonder. She was on top for about 3 years. It's been reported that she had some mental and health issues related to that thing that TFS doesn't allow, and she had to take a step back from her career. Not fair to say Anok's career is rising b/c Adut is slowing down, either. Why isn't Anok rising while Fran Summers is slowing, or Luna Bilj is slowing down, or Bella Hadid has slowed down? No reason to pit one Black model against another Black model. Mona T is another Black model whose career is flourishing after all, as is Awar.

I wouldn't call Adut a one-hit wonder. She was on top for about 3 years. It's been reported that she had some mental and health issues related to that thing that TFS doesn't allow, and she had to take a step back from her career. Not fair to say Anok's career is rising b/c Adut is slowing down, either. Why isn't Anok rising while Fran Summers is slowing, or Luna Bilj is slowing down, or Bella Hadid has slowed down? No reason to pit one Black model against another Black model. Mona T is another Black model whose career is flourishing after all, as is Awar.
Where did I say I compared them because they are MOCs?! I just shared my opinion. I can say Adut never been my cup of tea, she used very well “pappas and mammas stuffs” in her favour, instead of Anok. It doesnt matter if girl is black or not, there is only one No 1 model in bussines which at that moment / year should be Anok and not Adut, but Anok didnt use her relations to industry people she worked really hard thats why she is now icon

That girl Primrose Archer who debuted on the cover of British Vogue by Steven Meisel, followed by another Japan Vogue cover and then completely disappeared.
Another girl is Anna Francesca who was Hedi Slimane’s fav girl for one season, got Celine campaign and then she made some job for Armani but seems disappeared too.

Primrose's career was baffling for sure. I don't know if it was her choice to slow down her career or if it was badly mismanaged or the industry just didn't buy into her. Per Anna Francesca, Celine seems to provide no boost at all to a girl's career. It's like Prada now, the rest of the industry pays no attention to these campaigns' girls.

Looks like Valentina got swayed by one of these mindfulness "gurus", and she has been living in Thailand for a few years now. She posts regularly on instragram, but no longer has an agency in NY, so I would assume she is no longer modeling and is a bit too much into this sect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacvill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->