Vogue Australia December 2023 : Emily Ratajkowski by Lachlan Bailey

I really appreciate Vogue Australia giving Lachlan Bailey the platform he deserves and while I couldn't care less about Emily, I think this is a nice cover. I love Bailey's lighting and post production, his images always look beautiful. This cover and his last story with Florence Pugh may not be my favourite work from him, but I'm all here for Vogue Australia giving us a monthly Lachlan Bailey fix!

if it's not shot by Bailey, it will looks like Popular cover

When it comes to sharing content across the Vogues, you encounter a problem when different countries are in different seasons in the same calendar month.

Fluffy garments more suitable to winter? Why not put them on the Australian cover two months in a row for an edition that's currently experiencing spring/summer. Underwear - yeah, putting the people in underwear, that'll make up for it, it'll scream 'hot conditions' and completely disguise the lack of effort in making tailored content for the country.

I like Lachlan Bailey but this is so dreary, and not a good way.

It looks like they were trying to morph her into Penelope Cruz.

Even I can't stand her, she look's like a classic Gilles Bensimon ELLE girl. I see a model 100%.

Even I can't stand her, she look's like a classic Gilles Bensimon ELLE girl. I see a model 100%.
Too bad this is (a poor edition of) Vogue.

Emily is just one of those models I can't abide by. She gives me a bad vibe for utterly no reason, like Irina Shayk and Carla Bruni.

^ trying to say that because her look reminds me off to those beach ELLE editorials. Yes, it's Vogue, and should be more elevated. But since SI Newhouse died, CN titles are going downhill. Now being an ELLE girl is more flattering than a Vogue one.

She looks better in the ed than on the cover. I wish her hair was different on the cover, the pulled back hair makes her head disappear due to the beige overdoze.

SAY IT LOUD
Photography:
Lachlan Bailey
Styling: Christine Centenera
Hair: Luke Hersheson
Make-up: Ana Takahashi
Model: Emily Ratajkowski

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

The more I see this, the more I fall just a little more in love with it. Never been one to dislike Emily Ratajkowski and think Lachlan Bailey has just her justice, just as he does with every other subject he fixes his lens upon. The colours are gorgeous, love all those nude tones and how Centenera's clothing choices complement Bailey's lighting wonderfully.

A little solemn but this is one of the better December covers of Vogue (thus far), without a shadow of a doubt.

^^^ Lachlan is a good photographer-- and deserves a better rag, and she looks good, admittedly— like the lovechild of Kim K and Penelope Cruz. And maybe he’s saving his best for more worthy subjects, because this is a lesser version of the superior Kim K shoot he shot for this Vogue back in 2016., down to the wooden table and peeling paint on the wall, along with the undressing lingerie-vibe of the styling.

Everything about this Vogue is so forgettable, with no presence, even with decent stories. Along with Lachlan, art direction deserves a better rag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->