Vogue Brazil November 2023 : Ashley Graham by Marcos Florentino & Kelvin Yule

There's no point getting your cover star to glam it up, if they look like they're waiting for some curtains to dry, while going for the world record in gathering toilet paper with their feet.

And if they're going for weird, it's nowhere near weird enough. I hate these 'painter and decorators' covers, where throwing a few sheets together represents a stunning cover shot.

VOGUE BRASIL NOV (10).jpgVOGUE BRASIL NOV (1).jpg
VOGUE BRAZIL, NOVEMBER 2023
ASHLEY GRAHAM
Photography
Marcos Florentino & Kelvin Yule
Art Direction
Julia Filgueras
Fashion Direction
Rita Laza Rotti
Makeup
Silvio Giorgio
Set Design
Ana Arietti
Nails
Stephani Mauricio
With
Ashley Graham

VOGUE BRASIL NOV (12).jpg
VOGUE BRASIL NOV (6).jpgVOGUE BRASIL NOV (7).jpg
VOGUE BRASIL NOV (4).jpgVOGUE BRASIL NOV (9).jpg
VOGUE BRASIL NOV (8).jpgVOGUE BRASIL NOV (3).jpg
VOGUE BRASIL NOV (5).jpgVOGUE BRASIL NOV (2).jpg
VOGUE BRASIL NOV (11).jpg
vogue.globo.com

Vogue Brasil trying to be Elle Brasil...

There's no point getting your cover star to glam it up, if they look like they're waiting for some curtains to dry, while going for the world record in gathering toilet paper with their feet.

And if they're going for weird, it's nowhere near weird enough. I hate these 'painter and decorators' covers, where throwing a few sheets together represents a stunning cover shot.
Same. The theme has been so abused that it's impossible to make it work anymore, it just looks like they were really on the tightest budget, starting with the model, plus the sheets plus the little landscapes the poor interns probably spent all night painting.

Also, girl has no full control over her feet/toes.. these two shots where you can see them are the worst.

Mar+vin does amazing with Elle Brasil, just shows how a great team is important

At the very least, the two covers are marginally stronger than Ashley's recent cover of Vogue Germany. I am very pleasantly surprised at how much I'm a fan of these two covers - and this whole shoot! The black and white photos with Ashley are real nice.

I actually love the covers and ed, finally they got the right styling and photographer for a curvy woman in a fashion magazine.

the covers are good and I actually like the second one a lot (maybe her mouth slightly less open)

the first three b&w shots are stunning - the second one would’ve been the perfect cover.

the second shot with the Dolce Gabbana dress would’ve been an even better option for the cover (with the arms positioned differently).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->