Vogue China Collections June 2015 : Carina Lau by Alexi Lubomirski

MDNA

Reaction score

weibo.com/voguechina

I don´t know who she is but I like the cover: it´s soft but not bland, the styling is chic, the pose and the face give me a feeling of luxury and poise which are words one should always have in mind while looking at a Vogue cover or a high fashion magazine for that matter. Alexi does great with simple settings and sophisticated images like this one. Good job Vogue China :smile:

I don´t know who she is but I like the cover: it´s soft but not bland, the styling is chic, the pose and the face give me a feeling of luxury and poise which are words one should always have in mind while looking at a Vogue cover or a high fashion magazine for that matter. Alexi does great with simple settings and sophisticated images like this one. Good job Vogue China :smile:

This is just stunning. It shouldve been the main cover, if you ask me. The simplicity of the shot reminds me a lot of his work for British Harper's. Carina is a well known HK actress with great style to boot. She's married to Tony Leung (the short one), more famous than her, and together they are one of China's celebrity power couples. Perhaps the most controversial part of her public image is the speculation surrounding her earlier professional life, it shares such ironic similarities with John Waters' Cecil B Demented.

She's like Hong Kong version of Dita Von Teese, having relationships with power people, not sure what she actually is doing for life recently, but she's always there in the media's eyes. Only Carina is major in acting.

The older woman is a refreshing change.

Very nice and beautiful use of colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->