Vogue China January 2022 : Zhou Dongyu by Wang Ziqian

Sublime! Loving the colors, the expression. Everything looks so innocent. Adore!

I miss Angelica's Vogue with top international models and in your face poses and colors and so on but I have to say I can appreciate this new era of Vogue China. It seems more romantic and gentler.

beautiful cover! I guess I’ll need to subscribe to Vogue China!!!

I just LOVE how Vogue China/Margaret Zhang doesn't give a flying f*uck for a "diversity" and/or "inclusivity"! Instead (and unlike US Vogue with their false "Vogue values" - just take another look at their January cover: "Vogue values - just one world, just one look"; hence, JUST ONE OPINION! :censored:), they opted for a TRUE (and not Vogue ONLY, obviously!) values:

"Our January Cover star is celebrated Chinese actress, Zhou Dongyu (@zhoudongyu). While conducting research for our November Issue celebration of nature earlier this year, the VOGUE editorial team happened upon a speech by the celebrated Chinese actress: “We must fundamentally understand the Earth’s resources and appreciate that they are precious, finite and fragile”. Certainly, VOGUE and our readers have long been impacted by Dongyu’s use of her public platform to amplify sustainability causes and applaud the scientists and environmentalists that she describes as the “heroes of our environmental future”. But it was this sentence – this premise of first and foremost understanding what it is that we stand to lose and what it is that we must protect in the first place – which so aligned with our VOGUE Values and world outlook; and drew us to Dongyu as we planned our editorial follow-up to our November Issue’s veneration of nature."

instagram.com/audreyhuaudrey

such a stunning editorial!
OMM*G!
:buzz:
definitely a must have!

Thanks Zorka.

Very solid covershot-- I wouldn't expect nothing less from Marge. Unfortunately, the story is an absolutely directionless mess LOL: From styling to selects, the story looks to be haphazardly wrangled together from leftovers of other stories in the final hour before deadline.

The Vuitton looks insane, especially set against those windmills in that very strong cover shot. I knew I liked that collection for a reason. The editorial is decent as well, but nothing's as good as that cover.

it just keep getting better. Very strong editorial, congrats!!!

Interesting thing is, since Margaret took office, Vogue China's Weibo and WeChat have sometimes posted different pictures of the cover stories, which I don't remember happening during Angelica's tenure.

The colours, pose and expression all work so well. Love this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->