Vogue China September 2019 by Sølve Sundsbø

TZ001

Reaction score
Sui He, Natalia Vodianova & Du Juan
07281FF6-87C1-493E-9E50-99D3B10AD5B0.jpeg
Weibo/VogueChina

Hmmm I don’t know how I feel about that first cover. It’s a little boring for a September issue and I usually love Natalia but in this picture her pose and facial expression is very awkward and my eyes are drawn right to it. It’s like she wasn’t ready for the picture but they snapped it anyway. I like the second cover a lot better, it is way more visually entertaining and Nat is better photographed!

Thank God for Bibi's cover because the other two are simply awful! And I'm a huge Sundsbo fan. Who in their right mind would greenlight that first cover!?! Especially with that dress on Natalia. And then the 'winning' cover? Crikey!

I am slowly getting more and more into Bibi - first that Lara Mullen cover and now this one. The one with Du Juan isn't the best, mainly the contrast which bothers me, but it's certainly way better than the main one.

^Same. Thanks Bibi. The two other covers can be thrown away.

The first cover is a huge let down. The cover shot is not commanding. A step backward i suppose. Also the styling is tragic. Natalia looks like she’s dizzy.

The second cover is a big joke.

The third cover, though better than the other two should not have been published together with the former. It feels so out of place and screams inconsistency. But then again, inconsistent has long been Vogue China’s direction so why even act brand new?

Wow. They should've only kept Du Juan's cover and gotten rid of the other two. It is stunning; it has incredible visual appeal for me.

Sui He’s cover redeemed everything. Stunning. But again, inconsistent

The last cover that would make a lovely catalogue image saved the game... Someone should be arrested for photoshopping Natalia...

Sui He looks absolutely amazing and I'm happy to see Du Juan as well!

The lighting on Sui He. :wacko: I know the Chinese revere porcelain skin, but my God! Seems a Madame Tussaud's wax figurine made the cover of VC.

I do think that Vogue China is sending a terrible message by selecting such an awful cover. That contestant will think that it's perfectly fine to run covers like the one which won him/her the magazine cover of such a prestigious edition. But my advice to that person would be not to quit his/her day job!

Sui He got the only decent cover. The worst one was Natalia's cover.

Natalia's cover is completaly out of place! Why not Liu Wen or Fei Fei Sun?

hate the first two the last two are not bad but still not as stunning as Bazaar

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->