Vogue España February 2024 : Penélope Cruz by Ned Rogers

When you're going to make a cover with the concept of a reel, you need to have strong and good images in all of them, I don't think that's the case...

this sort of space arrangement is so ugly...
are we doing comic here?

Love the concept, but the execution falls flat.

As tragic as the layout is, the cover promised so much. But unfortunately, the coverstory fell short of delivering its full potential. Some moody, cinematic shots, but the layout with its annoying thumbs just diminish some solid imagery. Because, when they don’t cheap out and give a select the full doublepage treatment, it’s quite nice, since Ned understands lighting and mood. But this matter not, since Vogue has become a budget-conscious rag, squeezing even Hollywood stars into as few pages as possible LOL

2 original stories. And reprints galore: Camille Akrans’ shoot with Felix Nova Noordhoff; Jack Davison’s shoot with Jil Kortleve and 3 other models; Theo Liu’s shoot with Lila Moss that’s a feature story on everybody’s fav new Gucci CD, Sabato; and Dan Martensen’s shoot with Liu Wen. Sheesh, the 3rd-rate European Vogues getting the secondhands from UK/US is just sad.

1 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg
2 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg3 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg4 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg5 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg6 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg7 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg8 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg

9 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg10 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg11 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg12 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg13 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg14 Vogue Espana - Febrero 2024.jpg
Vogue Espana

I am strongly of the belief that the outcome could've been far better! Rogers can produce some seriously stunning cover imagery - like Jessica Chastain for Vogue Greece and Lily Collins for Vogue Australia. Not sold on this, despite appreciating the red, the Chanel and the whole film concept. To think we had Penelope Cruz, Ned Rogers and Anastasia Barbieri too! Madness.

I like the idea of doing something 'cinematic' but there has to be a better storyline than Penelope Cruz hanging around, waiting for something to happen. The reader is also waiting for something to happen. Everybody's waiting and nothing is happening.

I like the idea of doing something 'cinematic' but there has to be a better storyline than Penelope Cruz hanging around, waiting for something to happen. The reader is also waiting for something to happen. Everybody's waiting and nothing is happening.
nothing is happening at all. I think that Penelope is still there... waiting kkkk

I like it. I find it refreshing. It’s not a new concept, but it’s quite exhilarating. She looks nice and black layout on a magazine cover is always nice.

they should’ve kept the cover similar to their traditional style because even if I want to appreciate the effort it’s just not Vogue Spain.
the photography is good, nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->