Vogue España April 2022 : Paloma Elsesser by Nadine Ijewere

Does nothing for me, and I'm starting to feel like the likes of Kate Phelan are being spread too thinly over these European editions of Vogue. This cover, despite the nice colouring and movement of the dress, just feels... flat and a non-event. At this rate, I can either take of leave Paloma Elsesser.

The second cover reminds me a bit of those 'groovy' drawings, with bright colours and flowing lines.

It's quite lovely and colorful, nothing too memorable in my opinion but it's better than I would anticipate at this state.

I like the second cover, but neither are blowing my mind.

Her expression looks flat to me on the first cover. Maybe a smile would have been more fitting for the vibrant styling. I prefer the second one.

It's a big no, no pun intended.
The first cover... I mean from the awful styling to the pedestrian pose to her sleepy look: no.
The second one I don't want to comment on.

The first cover is flawless, but the second it's very risky.

I like the green masthead here (the first, not the second). There's something missing in the main picture.

I used to buy all the Spanish magazines at once. Except for Telva, which has an earlier distribution depending on the area, they were all in sync. It was Yay Day: that highly anticipated Tuesday or Thursday of the month when I took my big old Calvin tote and headed to my favorite newsstand, a spring in my step. Bad covers, abysmal editorials, reprints, similar content: none of it mattered, not yet. I simply enjoyed the pure, unadulterated thrill of the purchase and the walk back home with my precious cargo.

Which is just prologue to announce that I'm not buying Vogue España on April 5th. Two weeks after every other Spanish magazine hit the stands. It is late, unfashionably so. It is residual print. It is an afterthought. On April 5th, I'm already thinking about the May batch. Also, coming up with this clownish stuff can't take two extra weeks. I'm not buying it. Neither literally nor figuratively.

I saw this in bigger size and her face :cry: so lazy, her modelling skills are limitated and I'm sorry for telling this but sadly is a reality. I hope she become a better model by time. I still don't find the "x" factor with her. Her expression is not strong.

I used to buy all the Spanish magazines at once. Except for Telva, which has an earlier distribution depending on the area, they were all in sync. It was Yay Day: that highly anticipated Tuesday or Thursday of the month when I took my big old Calvin tote and headed to my favorite newsstand, a spring in my step. Bad covers, abysmal editorials, reprints, similar content: none of it mattered, not yet. I simply enjoyed the pure, unadulterated thrill of the purchase and the walk back home with my precious cargo.

Which is just prologue to announce that I'm not buying Vogue España on April 5th. Two weeks after every other Spanish magazine hit the stands. It is late, unfashionably so. It is residual print. It is an afterthought. On April 5th, I'm already thinking about the May batch. Also, coming up with this clownish stuff can't take two extra weeks. I'm not buying it. Neither literally nor figuratively.

That's my BRILLIANT girl! :heart:

YO, PALOMA
Photography:
Nadine Ijewere
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Amidat Giwa
Make-up: Chiao Li Hsu
Model: Paloma Elsesser

Vogue España Digital Edition

I wouldn't pay money for it. It's more colourful than a lot of studio shoots we're seeing at the moment, but it's painfully limited for what's supposed to be the leading story in an edition of Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->