Vogue France April 2023 : Beyoncé by Louie Banks

there is something a little funny about her album being premised on dance and their collaboration looking so heavy/restrictive

Excited to see the cover in person! I love when the logo is metallic

Probable now days Back Pink is more relevant and sell more than Beyonce.
You don’t get Beyonce for « relevancy » or « sales ». You get Beyonce for the prestige of it no matter our appreciation of her work or not.

She appears on the cover of this magazine because it involves Rousteing and from what I have heard, he is quite close to the new EIC of both VF and GQ France. And I suppose she had some sort of say in the creative direction of the whole thing.

The Kpop stars are cute but they are also attached to not say, tied to brands. A Kpop star on a cover of Vogue is promoting the brand she is working for. Beyonce is promoting herself (and Olivier in the mix). Everybody in the world will talk about it.

‘When Beyonce was on the cover of CR Fashion Book, it was solely because the EIC/Founder of the magazine is a fashion legend…Not because the magazine was the greatest of the world.

This issue is showing as 196 pgs in my digital edition. The editorial section opens with a reprint shot of Mona and Anok from UK Vogue (that shot together in the hats). Reprints include that particular story, plus the god-awful 'red carpet' one, the one with Irina Shayk, the 'new supers' one with Paloma et al, and the execrable Emily R one from US Vogue. I was considering getting this issue, but I can't support anything that chooses to run content of that calibre.

Reminds me of H&M X Mugler. Very that

Saw this in WHSmith last week and the magazine is officially a shadow of its former self. The magazine I once lived for is no more. Not even able to recognize myself when I don't purchase a copy of French Vogue. Despite having a megastar like Beyonce on the cover, the whole entire issue lacks soul and is lifeless, sterile and empty. Abysmal shared content, white space galore and pedestrian fonts.

The only thing that took me back was an image on some flashback page of the March 1997 cover with Kylie Bax - and then I thought someone has the audacity to suggest such fabulosity is from the same magazine!

Shes just not that girl.

I also dont think this was designed for beyonce. Its giving cruise and spring outtakes since these looks fit into those collections. That one dress that looks like the model is wearing a spangled barrel is why Olivier is the Beyonce of fashion.

Last edited:
Beyonce is so pretentious and tacky, why is she even on the cover?

Went to her show in Paris last night and she is amazing.
I was actually surprised by the number of fashion people I saw there (some editors coming with their children)!

She is an amazing performer and I think the city of Paris and it fashion scene gives her a good love. She wears a lot of French brands or Parisian based ones and I kept thinking about this issue and how they missed an opportunity to represent well what her persona can mean in terms of fashion.

She looks better in Loewe and Paco Rabanne than Balmain…
Maybe Olivier needs to reset.

In Argentina she's known for Crazy In Love and a couple of more hits (but local dancers love her and know her well). Like Janet she never had a massive fandom here. In my particular opinion, I always find her too American/commercial (and I'm a Madonna fan, ha).

Went to her show in Paris last night and she is amazing.
I was actually surprised by the number of fashion people I saw there (some editors coming with their children)!

She is an amazing performer and I think the city of Paris and it fashion scene gives her a good love. She wears a lot of French brands or Parisian based ones and I kept thinking about this issue and how they missed an opportunity to represent well what her persona can mean in terms of fashion.

She looks better in Loewe and Paco Rabanne than Balmain…
Maybe Olivier needs to reset.

If the styling and effortless vibe was along the lines of her tour costumes, it would be fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->