Vogue France December 2021/January 2022 : Isabelle Huppert by Paolo Roversi

Isabelle is simply divine and it's shocking it took them this long to give her a cover. I love this, can understand why people don't like her expression but for me it adds to the drama of the cover and the outfit. Another win from them!

I guess this is how things are gonna be now. Okay covers with tons of reprints and little original content. So much for the whole representing France schtick they were going with. I knew it was going to be BS.

^^^It's kind of traditional to have celebrities on the guest edited holiday issue. But it's a shame this is no such issue...

Will they no longer do the year-end guest editor? That was one of my favorite issues of Vogue Paris,
and one thing that distinguished from other Vogue editions.
An issue guest edited by Isabelle would have been great fun.
I love Isabelle on the cover, do not like the somber funeral styling.

Will they no longer do the year-end guest editor? That was one of my favorite issues of Vogue Paris,
and one thing that distinguished from other Vogue editions.
An issue guest edited by Isabelle would have been great fun.
I love Isabelle on the cover, do not like the somber funeral styling.
It’s Vogue France now. We should move on and remove those expectations from our mind.

She's photoshopped to death, and looks bored as hell, but then again,she always looks bored as hell. Love her tho.

Utterly bizarre that she never got a Vogue Paris cover.
what?

I was a bit confused reading these comments, I swear I've seen her in a VP cover before.. really bizarre then :mellow:.. for all the clichés of breton shirts, baguettes, Birkin and Bardot haircuts, Isabelle is the one figure that truly represents the pure, non-formulaic elegance and confidence on natural beauty of French women. Plus excellent style and career.. but hey, Vogue's not a meritocracy so, whatever, their loss. I like the cover, that blue is gorgeous and it's a bit experimental as her sense of style thankfully remains but... I still long to see her some part II of that i-D cover by Roversi many years ago, it was nothing bombastic like this but still so regal.. far more representative of her place in fashion and film.

VF already reeks of forgettable flyer filler that is instantly forgotten after flipping through it quickly just once on your commute to work.

I bought the first issue of Vogue France out of boredom, I was not at all interested in everything that was inside, looking at this issue I will not buy it. I haven't bought a Vogue Italia for at least two years, I don't regret it at all, I prefer to buy issues on eBay

Gregor Samsa on Vogue France, interesting.

what?

I was a bit confused reading these comments, I swear I've seen her in a VP cover before.. really bizarre then :mellow:.. for all the clichés of breton shirts, baguettes, Birkin and Bardot haircuts, Isabelle is the one figure that truly represents the pure, non-formulaic elegance and confidence on natural beauty of French women. Plus excellent style and career.. but hey, Vogue's not a meritocracy so, whatever, their loss. I like the cover, that blue is gorgeous and it's a bit experimental as her sense of style thankfully remains but... I still long to see her some part II of that i-D cover by Roversi many years ago, it was nothing bombastic like this but still so regal.. far more representative of her place in fashion and film.
I guess the only explanation is that Vogue Paris under Roitfeld and Alt was never actress-heavy. Juliette Binoche only had one cover before their time in 1995. Audrey Tautou has never had a cover. I believe Lea Seydoux only had her first cover last year when she guest edited. Marion Cotillard, however, has had three! Isabelle Adjani had a few in the ‘90s as well.

Wow, how do you manage to put a great actress on a cover with such a talent like Paolo and end up with this as the cover? Such a missed opportunity to create something magical like they used to do with their December covers.

I like the cover choice but I’m not crazy about her expression… also very fond of what she’s wearing and the movement it gives, quite dramatic.

it’s a good follow up from the previous cover!

I guess the only explanation is that Vogue Paris under Roitfeld and Alt was never actress-heavy. Juliette Binoche only had one cover before their time in 1995. Audrey Tautou has never had a cover. I believe Lea Seydoux only had her first cover last year when she guest edited. Marion Cotillard, however, has had three! Isabelle Adjani had a few in the ‘90s as well.
It’s also that Carine choose big French box office actresses. Isabelle is a legend but the majority of her films are very edgy movies. Unlike Marion, Charlotte, Vanessa or Sophie, up until that point, she wasn’t doing a lot of comedies, fun movies…
Since then, she has really explored more of that of course. She was fabulous in la darone and Dix Pour cent!

For me, she is at the same level as Deneuve. I even prefer Huppert because her Chabrol’s movies are just what I need.

But given that Deneuve had an issue, Huppert could have had one…After all, she is as beloved by designers and the industry.

Sandrine Kiberlain is one Emmanuelle’s good friend but she never gave her a cover…

She was fabulous in la darone and Dix Pour cent!

She was amazing in Dix Pour Cent indeed and she is an incredible actress....

What about the stylist? is he the fashion director of Behind The Blinds magazine?, i'm not familiar with his work, but i saw on his IG that he've worked a lot with Isabelle, maybe she requested him...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->