Vogue France March 2024 : Liu Wen by Julien Martinez Leclerc

I’m pretty sure that this cover will look much better IRL that strong pattern as background could potentially work as kaleidoscope.
I’m not crazy about what she’s wearing but I’ll take it. hopefully the editorial will be good too.

I’ll definitely get it because it’s Liu Wen.

She made another Asian model record!!!!!
The cover is not her best one though, however, when "Paris" turn to "France", they are just so lame now... But Liu always hits her new peak!

Last edited:
besides British Vogue, the March covers are all unexpected for me! Happy for Liu; not my favourite cover ever, but it is eye catching

Its giving tiredness on vacation after split with my boyfriend. Who is going to do Chloe now?!?!? Its so bad

I like it albeit slightly hypnotic and dizzying, possibly due to my biased view on her

Im happy for her but this is a terrible cover.

Much more interesting than I would have imagined. Like I said before, this photographer almost never disappoints.
Thank you, @Zorka, you're always a hero at posting great content, I've noticed.

That's also from / reprinted in the Lila Moss Spanish Vogue.

The fashion story by Julien Martinez Leclerc looks cool and unique.

I like the editorial, I wish it was for VI though...

Oh dear, that's horrid. So dated and it looks like an amateur crash course in Photoshop. What are all those shadows? Easily one of the worst editorials I've seen in a very long time.

She is overrated and this is yet another proof. Don't get me started on the photography.

Obviously delighted for Liu Wen getting this cover, as she is such an icon! That said, she deserved better.

Deeply wanna like it 'cause I do like Liu Wen but sorry, sorry, I just can't. And this, despite the ideas weren't as bad as they seem.

My library's digital copy is showing 252 pages.

It's a reprinted cover story, so let's find out what else... a reprint of the Miuccia Prada/Gigi feature from US Vogue, then the women-designing-women portfolio, along with the Doutzen/Liya images, then the Delphine Arnault interview, then that Pavarotti story from UK Vogue where he talks about his inspiration, then a Emily Ratajkowski reprint where she's carrying big bags. The issue ends with the reprint of the Adut edit from UK Vogue with the beautiful light.

There didn't even seem to be any original fashion content / any little stories at the front of the issue?

Liu is a fashion legacy but this editorial is boring. It doesn't scream vogue. Seems like an artsy project

I agree that it doesn't seem very Vogue (which is why I like it) and it's not the best editorial ever either (not nearly), but to say that it is one of the worst in a while is quite a stretch. I have seen at least 100 editorials this year that are far, far, far worse and give nothing. At least this one is playful and very graphic. I love artsy photography, that's why I enjoy him, Daniel Archer, Paul Kooiker, amongst others. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insearchofpastissues
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->