Vogue Germany February 2020 : Anok Yai, Mica Arganaraz & Othilia Simon by Gregory Harris

Othilia :crush:
She has the best cover but the text ruins it.

Anok's cover looks surprisingly stunning! The best of the lot. Clever move not to add any jewellery to it. My second favourite is Othilia. But her hair is too big for such a laid-back outfit. Awful art direction!

LOL, Vogue and these Values. Peddling leather, oh the irony. I actually wish they would stop with this now.

Whenever I see a thread for a new Vogue, I brace myself to see something... well, more of the same that we've been seeing recently.

Good-looking women wearing leather? Yeah, fine.

But my faith that magazines will produce something worth seeing - worth buying - is at an all-time low.

Lara, Kate and Daria did it better for Vogue Paris.

However, I must say that Anok looks quite stunning despite that choice of a layout... They really know how to f*ck it up, don't they? Really glad to see Othilia as well even though it may not be her strongest work. We'll pretend Mica's didn't happen.
Although this looks quite stale, it still feels like a breath of fresh air after that hideous January issue I'm trying to block out of my memory.

Anok's cover looks surprisingly stunning! The best of the lot. Clever move not to add any jewellery to it. My second favourite is Othilia. But her hair is too big for such a laid-back outfit. Awful art direction!

LOL, Vogue and these Values. Peddling leather, oh the irony. I actually wish they would stop with this now.

Wish the jacket wasn't on Anok and she was just topless but covered. Would have been more striking.

Typical VG, but i like it, all of them. It just kills me how cheap their paper is! Really takes out the luxury they sell! I mean even new editions lke Poland or Ukraine have beautiful glossy covers, and paper inside!

But Feb is, i think, their big collections ed cover story, so looking forward to that!

I really love these. Anok stole the show.

although really bothered with the Vogue Values text being tilted that way

Anok looks fierce as ever. I'm loving her cover. Straight to the point, I could almost forget about the wonky layout. Othilia's fine as well, despite the hair being too voluminous I think. It could easily pass for a Vogue Paris cover.

Anok's cover stole the show. So good in fact I hardly noticed the bad layout.

It just kills me how cheap their paper is! Really takes out the luxury they sell! I mean even new editions lke Poland or Ukraine have beautiful glossy covers, and paper inside!
It's the sole reason I stopped buying German Vogue (and gave away almost all of their issue I've had). Covers are not glossy and are very prone to damaging and losing colour in spots. Even German Elle and Cosmo (who both have much higher circulation) are printed with nice, thick glossy covers.

My immediate fave is the Othilia Simon cover - love the beauty styling, the Bottega Veneta and it’s honestly just lovely to see Othilia on the cover of Vogue (Simon is already overdue the cover of Vogue Paris).

Anok Yai’s is the very close second, love the angle of the shot, the jacket worn off the shoulder and for once I do not loathe Vogue Germany’s layout (which feels very 80s this month and I approve). Mica’s cover, I could’ve done without.

Vogue Germany February 2020

What's Up

Photographer: Gregory Harris
Set Design: Cesar Sebastien
Stylist: Nicola Knels, Maximilian Aufscnaiter
Hair: Shon
Makeup: Adrien Pinault
Manicure: Hubert Cesarion
Cast: Othilia Simon, Mica Arganaraz, Anok Yai, Florence Hutchings

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

Neo-Klassik

Photographer: Thomas Lohr, Tyrone Leblon (Daniel Lee only)
Stylist: Nicola Knels
Hair: Ramona Esbach
Makeup: Karim Rahmann
Manicure: Isabelle Valentin
Cast: Florence Hutchings, Stas Zienkiewickz, Daniel Lee

En Vogue: Perfect Mix

Photographer: Sarah Blais
Stylist: Yvonne Wigger
Hair: Adam Garland
Makeup: Jo Frost
Manicure: Beatrice Eni
Cast: Clea Beuret

Othilia looks absolutely fantastic! I wish she was on more covers and editorials

Othilia’s shots including some of Mica’s scream MISS VOGUE. Its that forgettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->