Vogue Netherlands March 2022 : Jill Kortleve by Gregory Harris

It's giving me Vogue Paris circa 2017 and Playboy USA circa 1988 because of its design.

A predictable cover choice for the March issue, but I'm happy for her. I'm not gonna lie, though, that's a bad image of her.

Edit: I love their new masthead. It looks neat.

They relaunched but kept that font?

god what a damn choice.

I like it. It's look promising. Let wait for the contents. just hope that it won't be flooding with reprints.

On another note, I hope that the new publisher and EIC have not bad blood with Rianne and finally give her another cover. It's been 5 years, and not even an editorial inside. Come on now, it's time.

Words contradict image. Uneasy on the eye. Dramatic in a very 19th-century kind of way. She is so theatrical. This cover is her stage. Exceptional, all of it.

that hair was a choice. it’s a good cover nevertheless.

Nice cover...i don't like her much at print or runway, but she works for this cover....

Yes, they got a new publisher and editor in chief after the first publisher gave back the licensing rights back to Conde Nast last summer.
Well I guess we have to expect this issue will be full of reprints.

Didn't know about the relaunch of the dutch edition but it's surely a good way to do it. While the cover isn't spectacular, I like Jill's expression a lot and I dig the fact they went for a close-up. Promising if the contents are good enough (apart from potential reprints, of course).

Horrible fonts and Vogue masthead going on her eyes aside, Jill is the plus-size model, her and Yumi Nu are the only two I am willing to accept. Work that face.

Why any Vogue new or renewed edition uses the fonts of the Paris/French one to get a better fit? Anyway, it's a stunning portrait.

Gorgeous! Jill has such an incredible face and the emotion is coming through the picture. Love it.

Flipped through it in supermarket yesterday. Nothing special. Very underwhelming. Didn’t feel new at all.

^^^ Lots of gorgeous models.

Awesome awesome awesome issue.

Gregory’s feature story on Jill is very good. Four full, generous fashion stories and not a single reprint. They all have that unique, easygoing, full of joy and energy that’s very Bruce Weber, vey Annemarieke, very Emmanuelle. Very distinctively Scandinavian. It also feels and looks as if it’s been merged with Vogue Living Netherlands. The lifestyle story is blissfully gorgeous and seems ripped right off Vogue Living. I’m in awe how CN has allowed this small Vogue to possess an identify, and hasn’t been gentrified into his brand of mid-range department store catalogue by Edward already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->