Vogue Germany October 2020 : Maike Inga by Claudia Knoepfel

God, what an eyesore. Everything, from the hair to colours, and the styling looks so terrible. And then the vibey, upbeat 'Move it!' which is supposed to do mean what exactly? It's like a Vogue Italia copy job gone south.

I saw a clip of Maike on Vogue Germany's YouTube channel and she sounds like such a nice girl. She'll need hours and hours of her mum's 'Alexander Technik' to erase this awful cover.

wishfully thinking I was dreaming of a cover with Claudia Schiffer - it was her 50th birthday last August and she did SO MANY special partnerships that I was incredibly surprised that she wasn’t on the cover of any glossy! only Edward gave her some spotlight on last September’s British Vogue with the beautiful ‘Siren Call’ editorial.

anyway, the cover could be better but it does scream Germany in the 80’s so... the pose could be much better imo and that puff jacket... oh Vogue...

EbnV.gif

Absolutely everything about this cover is repulsive - from colors, her hair, the clothes, the lighting, the street and even the bike. It baffles me how this magazine went from such magnificent covers as Claudia's and Rosie's covers in 2011, Michelle Williams' Marilyn cover, Saskia's Daniel Jackson cover in 2012, Kati Nescher's May 2013, Miley Cyrus by Testino, Frederikke's September cover by Patrick (to name a few) to disasters such as this. VG is getting progressively worse with every new month and it's just sad. Everyone keeps focusing on bashing Anna into retirement but I find the state of Vogue Germany much more alarming. Arp sweetie, perhaps it's time to step down and disappear.

This cover looks like it's from 1984. Vogue Paris makes the 80s look modern, this looks like it was pulled out of a dusty attic.

And the irony is, German Vogues from 1984 followed the classic formula of a glamorous headshot of people like Brooke Shields and Catherine Deneuve - the image above probably wouldn't have made it anywhere near the magazine's pages in those days.

I love the idea of the communist German style, as it is an iconic look in pop culture. The issue is the execution.

Vogue Germany October 2020

Talk of the Town

Photographer: Claudia Knoepfel
Stylist: Nicola Knels
Hair & Makeup: Nadine Bauer
Cast: Maike Inga

Vogue Germany Digital Edition

Vogue Germany October 2020

Shades of Grey

Photographer: Nicole Maria Winkler
Stylist: Maximilian Aufschnaiter
Hair & Makeup: Desiree Schloffer