Vogue Germany October 2023 : Ruby O.Fee & Matthias Schweighöfer by Paul Wetherell

I suppose that they are relevant to a regular German reader, but despite that it's an absolutely atrocious image for the cover of Vogue. But what's another dud in a sea of uninspired issues...

Just fold it already. They both look uncomfortable, photoshopped and not well dressed.

Mathias Schweighöfer is definitely one of the most recognised actors in Germany even though his movies are more Adam Sandler than Willem Dafoe, but he is definitely well known and if he had been on the cover 10-15 years ago it would have maybe even had an impact. Was he really in Oppenheimer and if so did his manager still have a soul to sell to get that gig?

My library's online version shows 244 pages.

A lot of the fashion / accessories content at the front of the issue is reprinted from other editions.

As for the main fashion section itself, it opens with a reprint of Pavarotti's punk editorial, then the cover story, followed by a reprint of Raquel's mannequins-in-the-studio, then a reprint of an interview with Pieter Mulier, then a reprint of that Amber Valletta editorial, a reprint of the Linda x Meisel feature, then it's some Kylie, which I'm presuming is a reprint from Vogue Australia, ending with a reprint of the Vogue global model search editorial.

JOYLESS.

All I see here is a cover photograph seemingly inspired by a still from the Twilight movie series! And how... insipid and dreadful. No clue who these two are, but as per usual with Vogue Germany, the cover is a total non-event.

It's honestly so sad to see Vogue France/Italia/Spain/Germany completely lose their identity. I feel as though the others every now and then try to at least pretend they're still Vogue, but the German edition has completely been forsaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
limonjuices
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->