Vogue Greece June 2019 : Laurijn Bijnen by Richard Phibbs

MDNA

Reaction score

Instagram.com/voguegreece

Love the second cover, there must be angel.mp3 :buzz:

I'm SOOOOO happy for her ! Finally on a Vogue Cover. She looks stunning

It's Bijnen* though :wink:

Don't know her (I'm guessing it's yet another Dutch girl? When will that country say 'enough is enough, we can't take it anymore' - kind of like what they're saying about incoming tourism?) But it's cool that you guys are so happy for her, lol! No snark intended, whatsoever.

As for the covers, not a fan of the first one at all. The second one is better, but I wish she made direct eye contact. Would've been more striking. It's a bit middle-of-the-road as it is. Not quite VI, but not quite commercial either.

I like the renaissance (sic!) that's currently happening with Greek magazines.

To me these are forgettable and not exciting. I don´t know who she is but the styling, pose and coverlines don´t help either.

The second one is striking! I love it. The first one looks like a fold out from Vogue Mexico.

I love it when the local context shows on a magazine cover. You look at their new, relaunched covers and you can feel the Greek seas, the white island architecture... It's so fresh and clean. Just like British Bazaar is filled with greenery, flowers, windy shores etc.
p.s. I like the first cover the most, but both are weaker than last month's delight.

I actually prefer the first cover, to me it feels more impactful.
The second one is only okay.

Don't know her (I'm guessing it's yet another Dutch girl? When will that country say 'enough is enough, we can't take it anymore' - kind of like what they're saying about incoming tourism?) But it's cool that you guys are so happy for her, lol! No snark intended, whatsoever.

^LOL

Love me some Laurijn. She was a Prada girl at a very young age, some seasons ago. category Rebecca Leigh L. only softer with braces. Prefer her actually. Happy for her, congrats girl. X

I sometimes feel like Rebecca stole her career :cry: but I like both of them so I'm happy with what they're doing
I hope these covers will boost up Laurijn's career and that she will be in Brokaw's radar again

That black and white cover is extremely boring but the second one is simply statuesque and beautiful.

I hope they stop the 2-cover scheme they're doing. How hard is it to pick a cover image and stick with it?

The only redeeming factor of multi-covers are when all are equally strong. That's not the case here.

Anyway, the second cover is stunning. The first one is irrelevant.

Feels like a missed opportunity to use that hat shot as a cover - what a beautiful portrait! The editorial itself has some lovely shots - including the one I mentioned - but I do think there's a bit of a missing link between them to create an overall story.

So many better cover options in that ed. The portrait with the hat would have killed it on the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->