Vogue India July/August 2024 : Isha Ambani Piramal by Micaiah Carter

Could someone kindly explain to me why the magazines removed the names from the cover and left only a single word or name? What is the point of "hiding" the content that could influence the purchase. This cleaning doesn't give me the idea of collecting or something more exclusive, but rather of immense laziness

Blame it on the creation of subscriber’s covers. I don’t think magazines are trying to hide anything, they’re just being run by dumb people who don’t have a clue about art direction. People think less text is more sophisticated and exclusive now. :hardhead:

Could someone kindly explain to me why the magazines removed the names from the cover and left only a single word or name? What is the point of "hiding" the content that could influence the purchase. This cleaning doesn't give me the idea of collecting or something more exclusive, but rather of immense laziness

Oftentimes the actual physical copy sold on newsstands contains additional text. The more minimal text is for social media posts or, as blueorchid suggested, for subscriber copies (depending on the magazine)

I think it's just a design decision because cover text had become so distracting and tabloid-esque at one point.
A clean cover is a good cover. Intention is to draw the reader in, spark curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->