Series 5: Life
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Stylist: Lori Goldstein
Model: Hannelore Knuts
Make-Up: Pat McGrath
Hair: Orlando Pita
Colorist: Laurie Foley

Source: Vogue Italia Archive

This cover has always stuck out to me for some reason. I mean she defrosting chicken but the image is striking and memorable. It captures life in a rather dark and odd way. It makes you think beyond just the images themselves. It also makes me miss the collaboration of Lori Goldstein and Meisel. Fantastic work all around. Thanks for posting ivano!

This must be one of my all-time favorite editorial from Meisel! I love the mood in this story, kinda lonely-lady-in-glamorous-clothes feeling. Hannelore was great in this ed! Again, Meisel had revisited this theme again in the story in August 2012 issue and it was good too!

Truly magnificent. Fashion was so meaningful during this time! These images have so much to say! Soulful, powerful, impactful, beautiful....I miss this so much!

I loved to see her in the last Dries van Noten show, and i came here directly for this incredible editorial. It amazing the misterious light, the opressive atmosphere, her sadness, all involve in these common places. She has an Annie Lennox vibe that I love, and those cold eyes, living for this.

Magazine: Vogue Italia (July 2000)
Title: How To Build The Most Perfect Body Skin
Photographer: Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Model(s:( Karen Elson, Bianca Krizek, Frankie Rayder, Malgosia Bela, Vanessa Greca

Vogue Italia Archivio

Don't know why I came to the vintage section, I just want to weep. This is sheer perfection, storytelling with layers and not just cheap irony like we're used to these days.

Some of Steven's best and most iconic work is with Lori and Brana from this time, when he was obsessed with L.A. and shot everything there. It feels truly special now, it defines that time in fashion so well.

Looking back at this it seems that 50% of Hugo Comte's work is trying to emulate this particular edit and its mood. But this one edit is so lovely, I don't mind seeing it reproduced.

Love the "Life" cover and editorial so much. It is still one of my absolute favorites after all these years. Reality is much more complicated than it is depicted in these beautiful images but they do capture moments in life that we all share on a daily basis. This is storytelling and fashion photography at their finest.

I am so glad I own this issue.

One of my favorite LA stories from this team (right up there with Malgosia in Tony Duquette’s house) - I see bits of Larry Sultan, Cindy Sherman and Ed Ruscha inspiration - with Hannelore styled as a Charles Ray mannequin. LA art ennui.

I wonder if there’s film/video from any of this west coast work - would be appropriate no?

One of my favorite LA stories from this team (right up there with Malgosia in Tony Duquette’s house) - I see bits of Larry Sultan, Cindy Sherman and Ed Ruscha inspiration - with Hannelore styled as a Charles Ray mannequin. LA art ennui.

I wonder if there’s film/video from any of this west coast work - would be appropriate no?
I don't think any videos/clips exist from the L.A. Series that Meisel created for Vogue Italia in the early 2000's. I have not seen any online. If videos do exist, they have never been released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->