Vogue Korea August 2021 : Mona, Sora & Rianne by Nicolas Ghesquière

So after buying a cover and forcing the stylist to use a full runway look (what is that gold foil abomination on Sora?), LV has now gone the extra mile and had their creative director (who doesn't know one end of the camera from the other) shoot the cover, just to be 100% certain the magazine doesn't veer one bit off their marketing department's template? Great times!

The styling just brings everything down imo... how do you manage to make three great models this unappealing?! :cry:

So after buying a cover and forcing the stylist to use a full runway look (what is that gold foil abomination on Sora?), LV has now gone the extra mile and had their creative director (who doesn't know one end of the camera from the other) shoot the cover, just to be 100% certain the magazine doesn't veer one bit off their marketing department's template? Great times!

I tell you!
Nauseating, the lot of them. This industry needs a clean sweep.

Dull covers with three of the most overrated models right now. And to make matters worse, the clothes are terrible.

Was excited about the casting until I saw the full title and the photographer credited... Nicolas darling, you're no Karl. And even Karl wasn't some master photographer!

These wouldn't even make an interesting catalog. Despite the hideous clothes, Mona and Rianne's covers work for me, but Sora's jacket is too insufferable to look at. What a waste of a great cast.. if only they had hired Luigi & Iango.

Does MAS also involved in this mess?

I don't get it Nicolas, you're the one that created these clothes, how come it's look worst when you photographed it

This is going on the list for some of the worst covers I've ever seen. How you do go out of your way to make an all-star cast look as bad as possible.

Excited about models and see how is Nicolas as photographer, end up disappointed.

Result just manage to look "okay", except Sora who... I cannot stop looking at it and think of a turtle. She even tried to put her face a bit towards camera, which could have helped but how jacket is design it doesn't help one bit.

Plain, dull and no spark of life... They are just there.

I knew it!!! The clothes just have that "MAS" touch. She finally have her first Vogue Korea cover. Congratulation.

There is a flat dullness to these covers. No depth. No life. Children take more dynamic pics on their iphones. NG has no business with a camera.

There are far more talented photographers out there. Why not give an unknown but talented South Korean photographer a break by choosing them to shot your 25th anniversary issue? :furious:

mehh, this is sooo uninspiring... isn't korean have soo many creative talent out there?? look at their kpop music video production.. :furious:

There are far more talented photographers out there. Why not give an unknown but talented South Korean photographer a break by choosing them to shot your 25th anniversary issue? :furious:

That is something I forever lack understanding of... "Local" Vogues should support more their "local" industry, more than International. Maybe that way Vogue wouldn't look as miserable as it does now a day. No, it would 100% be better. More creative takes, risks.

I quite like the second and the third cover…
I have less problems with Nicolas shooting a Vogue cover than this overwhelming desire to control everything.
He needs to let it loose and really explore everything. What’s the point of view here if everything photographed by Nicolas is styled by MAS using models from their shows!

Karl’s early days as a photographers weren’t groundbreaking but at least, he told stories and didn’t always worked with Carlyne. If Nicolas’ s concept of photography is just shooting his clothes…I’ll pass on that.

I’m waiting for the ed but I’m not very optimistic…

^^^ I can tell you without even seeing the edit that it's going to be the same old same old full-body stiff shots, flat cold lighting against a white seamless to showcase every piece of clothing /accessory/footwear: He and MAS seem to have stubbornly latched onto the aesthetic of a drone churning out product shots for department store creative files. Maybe they still think that such blandness is ironically creative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultraheavn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->