Vogue Netherlands July / August 2012 : Rianne ten Haken by Petrovsky & Ramone

this is again a disappointing issue :ninja:
besides the rather tasteless main ed, it is the third issue which features iekeliene shot by the same photographer on the same location (zanzibar if I remember correctly). I like iekeliene but it's getting boring.

The only interesting editorial is the mark borthwick one...

Surely they are having a laugh with Rianne's editorial:blink: Utterly hopeless.......well at least for an international edition of Vogue. Stockings and suspenders at the beach:huh: and those poses and the expression on her face in the 5th pic. Come on.......really.

Hideous main editorial as everyone else already said, VP by I&V wannabeish. Was hoping to see more creativity on it.
The preview of their September issue looks outstanding, can't wait to see what they come up with.

i don't like the main ed :ninja: doesn't seem like anything they've done in the past couple of issues either...

Rianne just gave birth to a watermelon! :o :lol:

I was hoping it was some sort of rubbing material, however that would happen :brows:

Seriously....this editorial is very sexy in a great way, in a way that's not pathetic....where the woman looks like she's enjoying herself. Add to that, that the last shot looks like a hybrid of "Aphrodite rising" and an old style Opium ad...

It's quite, quite good...Rianne looks like Cindy Crawford in her prime...

Rianne is so beautiful and to have her in an ed like this for Vogue is sad. Guess it didn't take VN long to use the old sex tactic to "try" and sell magazines.

Seriously....this editorial is very sexy in a great way, in a way that's not pathetic....
I find it sexy in an obscure way.. which isn't unusual for Dutch talents, that's probably the reason why I do love this to bits.. because it's so on the lines of Vivianne Sassen's work, Van der Vlugt's.. even Marjolijn de Groot (who's a bit more romantic but still), they never explore sexuality and gender image like its only purpose is visual perfection or hedonism, nor in a rebellious way, they make it awkward and fetishist and blend in some cinematic queens and grab all your ideas of a woman on the beach, pile them up and BAM.. ultimately you may end up with this feeling of wanting something.. purer, but that pureness seems more like a need to find a way back to your shelter where all these parameters of beauty, non-layered bikinis and sliced pineapples inhabit :lol:.. I don't know.. I love this, and the fact that a magazine like Vogue published it and that it is still Vogue-friendly (from a distance) makes me feel excited and have more respect for Vogue Netherlands now. Now they ought to give Vivianne Sassen a cover, COME ON!

"Explore / Explode" | Vogue Netherlands July / August 2012

ph:Anne Menke
st: Martien Mellema
model: Iekeliene Stange
hair: Eva Copper
make-up: Suzanne Verberk

selectmodel.com

anyone who wanted to buy this and was searching, apparently its a conde nast exclusive (at least in the uk) so you can only get from them directly in vogue shop - nowhere else!

Editorial HQ:

Riches Of The Reef
Photographer: Alique
Model: Milou van Groesven
Styling: Marije Goekoop
Hair & Make-Up: Irena Ruben

magworld.nl

Cover Story HQ:

Jouer À La Plage
Photographer: Petrovsky & Ramone
Model: Rianne Ten Haken
Styling: Marije Goekoop
Hair: Ilham Mestour
Make-Up: Adrien Pinault

magworld.nl

Editorial HQ:

Explore / Explode
Photographer: Anne Menke
Model: Iekeliene Stange
Styling: Martien Mellema
Hair: Eva Copper
Make-Up: Suzanne Verberk

magworld.nl

Beauty Editorial HQ:

Barely There
Photographer: Gerrit Schreurs
Model: Dimphy Janse
Styling: Martien Mellema
Hair: Hester Wernert-Rijn
Make-Up: Kathinka Gernant

magworld.nl

Editorial HQ:

Is Nature My Only Way?
Photographer: Mark Borthwick
Model: Jacquelyn Jablonski
Styling: Dimphy den Otter
Hair & Make-Up: Kathinka Gernant

magworld.nl

September Preview:

Thank you :flower:
Here is the preview image we're talking about:
audacis
and for our Masters of Model IDing ^_^ the preview in HQ:

Photographer: Paul Bellaart
tumblr_m7m6nkpFtK1r70toco1_1280.jpg

magworld.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
I really only recognize Josefien Rodermans on the cover preview. :innocent: I doubt this is the actual September cover, though.

actually it's not the cover :smile: i think it would be kinda strange to reveal a cover that early
they normally use a pic from the coverstory.
for comparsion here the preview for the last issue:

magworld.nl
it's from Rianne's ed

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"