Vogue Korea March 2020 : Blackpink by Petra Collins

It was bound to happen anyway.

Surprised by all of these actually. This is tastefully done. Good job Vogue Korea.

No idea who they are, and purely judging from what I see here, it's really quite awful. Every single cover. But then that was to be expected with Petra Collins behind the lens.

^ LOLLLLL they’re just an outrageously popular girl group meant to do the dog and pony show of attending fashion events, wear new bags, etc etc.

speaking of...I thought Lisa was a total Celine by Hedi girl?

Anyways back to the covers. Theyre very pretty, but very Dazed / i-D. Not very Vogue, but I guess it’ll sell very well.

European editions should take notes and put people like her on the cover. They will be set for another year with their hardcore stans money.

Love it!
Blackpink is deserving of a cover, a bit like when Anna put the Spice Girls on the cover, and the result is very good.

It just has me thinking; why did Alexandra never give Girls Aloud the Vogue treatment for the British version. Now that would have been iconic.

I thought Lisa(the one with bangs)was pretty. What is this?!I am not wasting money on this anyway.

European editions should take notes and put people like her on the cover. They will be set for another year with their hardcore stans money.

I don’t think there’s any European artist or any Western one that has fans as committed as KPop fans. Those fans go HARD, and the power of the purse is insane.

It just has me thinking; why did Alexandra never give Girls Aloud the Vogue treatment for the British version. Now that would have been iconic.

She gave Cheryl Cole quite a few covers, 3 I think. But that was more to tap into Cheryl's popularity at the time than the group's actual music/popularity. It was considered very low-classy back then to cover pop stars in Europe. Do yourself a favour and visit those threads on here to see how the majority of members always disapproved of the covers.

Anyway, I didn't know manufactured girl groups are still a thing, especially not in an era where everyone is always talking about agency and 'keeping it real'. But then again K-pop seems to be playing catch up when it comes to the music industry and somehow succeeding at it (just saw one of this group's Youtube videos has well over 1 billion views. I could only stomach about 30 seconds of their autotune drivel)

She gave Cheryl Cole quite a few covers, 3 I think. But that was more to tap into Cheryl's popularity at the time than the group's actual music/popularity.

And Cheryl was also the one who had the most ad sponsors - having L'Oreal in your corner guarantees a certain level of coverage in the media.

I am so out of touch with K-Pop that the only thing I know about is the lurid headlines, which makes me see these covers and wonder which performers will still be with us this time next year. Pop music has always been a factory farm with a high churn rate, but the sheer intensity of K-Pop scares me off.

Reactions: MON
Fabulous! Blackpink are sort of my guilty pleasure and these are actually great covers.

Love these covers. It's actually quite late they got the cover. But very tastefully done indeed. They actually do make great pop songs and cherished by millions. The first asian girl band at Coachella. That's something. And their fans will go hard finding these covers.

This will probably be the bestselling edition for the whole year for any Vogue. I like Jennie's solo cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->