Vogue México September 2007 : Heather Marks

Marvelous! :buzz: Again, thanks so much for taking the time to scan these for us. :smile:

Oh wow! This is the best thing I've seen of Heather in a long time. Now if only I could read Spanish...

you are all welcome
i would translate the interview, but trust me, it doesn't say anything new...kinda like the same stuff, like she used to be a tomboy when she was little...and nothing new, about her future career or anything relevant

^I know it's probably very basic stuff, but I want to be able to read it anyways. It's ok though if you can't do it.

Thanks Blanche! I post your scans at Heather Marks Thread. I hope you don't mind? I really like that editorial.

vickib: go ahead I'm honored to contribute this time

I'm gonna try to translate the interview with heather.

She looks like I thought she would look as a child

here's the interview...sorry about my english!

Canadian supermodel Heather Marks, known in the fashion world for her doll face and her big expressive blue eyes, never suspected that day, when she was walking at the Convention Center in Calgary, would take her later to the international catwalk of designers like Moschino, Marc jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana among others. And that her face would run worldwide as the muse of ad campaigns and grace covers of mega importants fashion mags.
Heather confesses in a humbold tone “Honestly, I was never the typical teenager who followed Linda Evangelista’s career, which I met recently and have lots of respect for, read fashion magazines, and picking outfits to wear. I used to play soccer, ice skating with friend (males mostly) and rather used jeans than dresses. I was a tomboy, that’s why I hesitated when the Mode Model agency owner offered me to be in a new faces contest, even though my parents friends always told me to try that. Definitely it was my fate. My mother was with me that day, and I won first so that’s when everything started”
Since then her life changed, she traded Calgary city, for New York, soccer for demanding castings (even 16 in one day) and her loyal male friends for being surrounded by hundreds of beautiful girls with portfolios and trying to make it in the fashion World.
It was scary for her to see all these gorgeous girls from all over the world, going to auditions for importants jobs, she admitts that her confindence was pretty useful at those times, the same that helps her not to ask “what am I doing here?”
“sometimes the long hours you spend waiting for them to see you seems endless, compared to the few minutes they dedicate to just look at you. For the fashion week, you know theres more chances because they need a lot of girls, but when it comes to campaigns, its hard because they only need one. You get anxious waiting for the results, and if you get to be chosen, then you feel very lucky, but if you’re not it can be very destructive for your self esteem. You have to be very strong to deal with rejection, in my case I always handled it with optimism, and my family who always supported me, and always said that it was gonna be difficult at the beginning”
Today Heather enjoys privileges that only models on her status do. She rarely have to do a casting, only when a photograph never worked with her, or just to see how she looks these days, now she gets to travel to exotic places, great parties, she is recognized and admired in the industry, and she gets a well payment for being a top model. But on the other hand she still have to wait for the long photoshooting sessions, virtually comunication with friends and boyfriend, and the long hours of flying.
She says its very easy to get lost in a World where they put diamonds and fabulous dresses on you, the temptations are everywhere, but she is incredibly down to earth.
A normal day for her began with going early to bed, so she can wake up radiant at 6 am to go to the studio, where make up artist, hairdresser and the clothes are waiting for the look of the day. Photoshooting can be depressive because for getting only a picture it can take hours, and she has to leave all her personal issues outside. She prefers editorials instead of catwalks, because you can get to know the whole crew, and there is few posibilities of making a fool, because you can repeat a shoot.
It’s been a long time since she walked for the first time, “I got to wear the high tigh boots at a chanel show, and I never wore one in my life before, so I was afraid I couldn’t walk, but when I did I was so happy to not fall or anything , I was very nervous it was unforgettable. Doing the catwalk is very exciting you get to wear all the latest clothes, and the people backstage is very dinamic and fun. But i get to enjoy more the first week in New York, because when you get to Milan everybody is so tired. You need to handle your time to see family and boyfriend, they re the most important for me”
Heather doesn’t have to do anything with anorexia and estrict diets, she is geneticly thin but still she keeps a balanced diet and exercise, whenever she can. She doesnt consider having a model boyfriend, she says she wants someboyd outside that world, she is now dating a basketball placer, who is from Calgary, like her.
When you ask heather whats her ideal world, she answers “a world with no war, and where theres some kind of transportation system, that with a click you can be at home in just a few seconds” and she adds “a supermodel life is not easy at all, but it’s definitely worth to trying!”

It's perfect. :woot: I was trying to translate it, but I was still stuck on the first page and Atelier was sweet enough to send me the second part. Note to self: Just cause you can speak a language, doesn't mean you'll be able to translate a whole article into english. :lol:

Again, Thanks so much. Karma for you. :flower:

omg wow I also translated a German VanityFair Interview it was terrible...
but I guess you made a good job :smile:

:buzz::buzz::buzz:amazing!!!!!
I'm so happy to see Heater again!!!!!!!!!!
I want she can get more work this season!!!!

oh she looks amazing! I really like Heather. ALOT she's gorgeous

thanks for the karma!!!
Thank you all people...I'm really happy I was helpful with this...now I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy vogue latinamerican often ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molly07
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->