Vogue Netherlands July/August 2020 : Amber Valletta by Annemarieke van Drimmelen

Meh.

They're trying to be Vogue Greece now huh?

The second cover is nice.

The second cover might be the best they've ever had.

What is this new trend of photographers names (who are not Avedons, Lindberghs, Meisels, Testinos,..) written on the covers? I thought, they learned what happens when too much power was given to some of them. And why it is always only photographer name, when it is a team work and sometimes fashion editor or hair stylist or makeup artist play main role and photographer only clicking on the button like Demarchelier

Last edited:
I like both covers. But I really love the first because it is giving me Summer vibes, but still Vogue worthy if you get what I mean. Also, the second is obviously amazing... as usual with her!!

I'm a fan of both covers too, love how the two covers compliment each other in terms of colouring. They're both beautiful, but out the two, the first is my favorite. The muted yellow tones are fabulous for a summer issue, especially alongside the black masthead (also loving the scribbled texture there too).

And of course, Amber Valletta is always a good idea! :heart:

Although I post textless images exclusively, this time I deliberately decided to make an exception, so you all can see an ORIGINAL layout in its full pretentiousness and trying hard (to be cool, artsy or whatever it's supposed to be) :

BRAVE NEW SUMMER
Photographer:
Annemarieke van Drimmelen
Artwork: Maaike Riemens
Stylist: Dimphy den Otter
Hair: Teddy Charles
Make-Up: Holly Silius
Models: Amber Valletta, Bodil Liesdek, Nella Ngingo, Bess van Noord, Parker van Noord, Felice Noordhoff, Nabewerking Deeptone, Met Dank Aan, Hakan Aksoy, Michel Bos, Michiel Heemskerk, Marleen Heeres, Ronald van der Kemp, Jasper & Lisa Krabbé, Duran Landing, Gaia Liesdek, Casper van der Linden, Kornel & Marisca van Noord, Fauve & Leontien Noordhoff, Ogènda, Like Pansters, Rinke Tjepkema, Ria Jansen & Arie Vis, Duy Vo, Kat, Mei Sun Ly Vo & Maison Rika

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

Annemarieke’s story is pure delight. She truly knows how to tell a story from beginning to end. What a deserving talent in these days of overhyped, bland mediocrity: Adoring the vibe of a scrapbook with its charming art direction that doesn’t feel monotonous for such a rather long story. Annemarieke’s compositions are gorgeous and her lighting is masterful and produces such a radiant, rich mood. This is the sort of story that I can easily get lost in. So simple and so gorgeous.

The best summer issue of any Vogue by far. Very consistently pretty and effortlessly breezy, hazy-lazy-days-of-summer vibe throughout its pages. Let’s see if Emmaneulle’s can beat this. Mica is no competition for Amber— but Nathaniel is capable of doing wonders.

I must be looking at the different issue than everybody else, because these look okay to me. I mean, the best summer stuff we've had, but nothing exceptional before the COVID situation. Some shots are really nice, the whole thing reeks of Mert & Marcus Vogue Italia Youth Issue.

Not meh, but not great. A good editorial for some cute covers.

^^^ Maybe in past and better days, I’d feel the same as yourself. But in these basic and hollow days where the art of storytelling and the vision of creative composition is all but lost in the overwhelming majority of fashions stories replaced by insufferably PC-grandstanding, this story stands out like some lost footage of a film about a summer in Coney Island. It has the moodiness, even sadness of wasted summer days in Atlantic City like Eliza Hittman’s Beach Rats. But it also has the Pacific Coast’s eternal sunny optimism and simple beauty of Belinda Carlisle’s video “Mad About You”. If Vogues are insisting on relatable/accessible/inclusive, then this is a gorgeous way to present it.

(And the layout is gorgeous: Eclectic and still sleek.)

Some shots are really nice, the whole thing reeks of Mert & Marcus Vogue Italia Youth Issue.

No, it doesn't.
If there's one thing that Annemarieke van Drimmelen cannot be accused of is being inconsistent. She has been shooting exactly THIS since she debuted as a photographer in 2015 so to imply that she ripped off somebody's else work is unfair. She's never trashy, where do you see Mert & Marcus in her work?

Although I post textless images exclusively, this time I deliberately decided to make an exception, so you all can see an ORIGINAL layout in its full pretentiousness and trying hard (to be cool, artsy or whatever it's supposed to be) :

BRAVE NEW SUMMER
Photographer:
Annemarieke van Drimmelen
Artwork: Maaike Riemens
Stylist: Dimphy den Otter
Hair: Teddy Charles
Make-Up: Holly Silius
Models: Amber Valletta, Bodil Liesdek, Nella Ngingo, Bess van Noord, Parker van Noord, Felice Noordhoff, Nabewerking Deeptone, Met Dank Aan, Hakan Aksoy, Michel Bos, Michiel Heemskerk, Marleen Heeres, Ronald van der Kemp, Jasper & Lisa Krabbé, Duran Landing, Gaia Liesdek, Casper van der Linden, Kornel & Marisca van Noord, Fauve & Leontien Noordhoff, Ogènda, Like Pansters, Rinke Tjepkema, Ria Jansen & Arie Vis, Duy Vo, Kat, Mei Sun Ly Vo & Maison Rika

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

This is gorgeous and all that a Vogue fashion story should be. It's intimate, delicate and sophisticated.

No, it doesn't.
If there's one thing that Annemarieke van Drimmelen cannot be accused of is being inconsistent. She has been shooting exactly THIS since she debuted as a photographer in 2015 so to imply that she ripped off somebody's else work is unfair. She's never trashy, where do you see Mert & Marcus in her work?

Yes it does, in my opinion. You have yours, I have mine. I am saying it in the case of this story, not her work as a whole. I get that you are a fan and so on, so there is no point in trying to change each other’s opinions.

Beautiful covers and editorial. I love that vintage summery feel

Yes it does, in my opinion. You have yours, I have mine. I am saying it in the case of this story, not her work as a whole. I get that you are a fan and so on, so there is no point in trying to change each other’s opinions.
OK, then I'll say that Cass Bird has ripped off Tierney Gearon on multiple occasions.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->