Vogue Paris February 2013 : Milla Jovovich by Inez & Vinoodh

:crush::clap:Best and strongest look ANDREEA she would have did a better cover for sure

What an awesome editorial! It shows New York's beauty from several point of views and there's no shot I don't like.
I only wish better models were used.

Immaculate issue from Emmanuelle and the rest of the Vogue Paris team.

The stories are flawless, well thought-out and suit the mood of the issue. Madgalena's editorial for Bijoux is stunning, Geradline's styling is just insane here, very luxe. Txema Yeste's a new photographer to French Vogue, right? Nadja looks terrific in Miss Vogue.

David Sims' take on New York is the best one from the series. Andreea Diaconu has become so attractive to me, I will be looking out for her. She resembles a model from the 70's. The opening shot and the one on the bicycle is beautiful. What I admire most is that the pictures look so outta' David Sims' comfort zone.

As an avid fan of Natasha, Terry Richardson's come a close second. I just wish James Pecis came up with another hairstyle, as opposed to a clip-on fringe. Natasha works just about anything but I don't think a fringe suits her face. She's had it before for Vogue Paris and I wasn't so fond of those pictures, either. I do love the close-ups, of Natasha holding the camera. Nonetheless, I'm thrilled Natasha's in the issue and works it.

Milla's are so freakin' good too. The action-poses contribute that something extra to the images. Emmanuelle's styling is unbeatable here too. The Versace and Louis Vuitton shots are outstanding. You can sense the Vogue Paris team are loving the Balmain belts this season. Everything's just so amazingly perfect.

Thanks to Mat Cyruss, for providing us with these extractions.

This issue is just fantastic, all editorials look so far great with strong images & say than NY is one of the most important cities in the world & how beautiful is the city.

I prefer all these eds than that one of US Vogue than was a piece of garbage.

I think Emmanuelle has become A LOT more versatile with her magazine then she has been for such a long time. I still think the covers need some work but those editorials can be framed and hang on a wall, they're THAT good!

Milla's editorial is just insane. Just shows how amazing or great she is as a model. Kudos to Emmanuelle's styling and I&V's photography as well. They have managed to make this shoot a fantastic one. Especially with an exceptional background that is NY.

The rest of the editorials look good too! Specially Terry's editorial with Natasha and Tony Ward. Like for once, it doesn't look bad. It looks pretty decent.

There have been several issues of VP I like since Emmanuelle Alt became EIC, but this should be the best. For the first time I like ALL the eds in one issue. In fact, the urban chic is nothing new or fresh but, here, seeing different moods and different sets of outfits shot in one location(the symbolic city) is interesting and they are all well executed. Surely I gotta get a copy of mine. Cool is this issue, in a word.
Thanks for all the pics, Mat Cyruss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've loved Milla's editorial if there were fewer finger guns. :innocent::lol:

All the eds look the same. I get the NY streets and buildings as backdrop but it's so redundant. There has to be a more interesting way to say NY than this. Milla's ed is such a joke. The bond/charlie angels poses are so silly.

All the eds look the same. I get the NY streets and buildings as backdrop but it's so redundant. There has to be a more interesting way to say NY than this. Milla's ed is such a joke. The bond/charlie angels poses are so silly.
Agree. All the eds look similar.

I absolutely :heart: this issue! Especially Mila's and Natasha's editorials!

I want to ask someone who has got this issue if there is Prada or Miu Miu ad in it? I'm really curious about what is going on between Prada and Vogue Paris. There is no Prada or Miu Miu advertisment since last year, but the magazine still features tons of pieces from both brands. I assume it's not like the situation between Balenciaga and Vogue Paris but I wonder why Prada group stops advertising in the magazine.

Oh my god. So, that's it?! The entire thing is SO unfathomably one-dimensional, it's condescending; call me dramatic but it's almost like being talked down to. I don't even see much of a difference in vision by photographer, unless the idea was to make it all look incredibly homogeneous-and, if that, why not have let just one of the photographer shoot the entire issue. That's how it looks as far as I'm concerned. V Magazine does editorials like this ALL the time. The only editorial that is OK in my book is Graphique District. Then again, it's just like "New York Partie 5." :rolleyes:

I don't even....whatever. Boring, Next.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to ask someone who has got this issue if there is Prada or Miu Miu ad in it? I'm really curious about what is going on between Prada and Vogue Paris. There is no Prada or Miu Miu advertisment since last year, but the magazine still features tons of pieces from both brands. I assume it's not like the situation between Balenciaga and Vogue Paris but I wonder why Prada group stops advertising in the magazine.

I was going to post that yesterday but I forgot. Yes, after a year of no Prada or Miu Miu ads in VP, there are 4 pages of Prada and 4 pages of Miu Miu in this issue. :flower:

Thanks for all the scans:flower:, love that its a tribute to New York. Natashas edit is my favorite:heart:, the styling is perfect, the best thing Ive seen from Terry in a long time and also love Milla and Nadjas, they are both so gorgeous.

It's a solid issue...I particularly like Milla/I&V and Anja/Sorrenti. The concept for Natasha's editorial was good, but she ends up looking like a call girl who has had a trifle to much.

i think this is her worst issue since she took over personally..everything blends in to one dull theme. the only good thing is the cover and some of magda's shots

Andreea Diaconu has become so attractive to me, I will be looking out for her. She resembles a model from the 70's. The opening shot and the one on the bicycle is beautiful. What I admire most is that the pictures look so outta' David Sims' comfort zone.
@vogue28 :wub: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->