Vogue Paris May 1980 : Debbie Dickinson by Albert Watson

iluvjeisa

clever ain't wise
Reaction score
This issue has Newton, Demarchelier and Reinhardt. Also some Janice Dickinson in addition to her sister on the cover. Scanned by me...

Cover by Watson :heart:

vogue_paris_may_1980_debbie_dickinson_watson.jpg vogue_paris_may_1980_masthead.jpg

I am not a fan of Debbie...i just don't get it.But i can't wait to see more of this issue,if i may be that lucky.

I didn't get her for a long time, but then I started to see a certain something in her. The eternal comparison to her sister does her no favours, because I find she radiates something very different to what Janice did, which perhaps can be eclipsed by her sister's stronger presence.

She definitely looks very different.But nah.I'm a Janice type of girl.

You can't say I'm fast but....some ads:

1) Black cat of unknown origin, wearing unknown necklace.
2) Patti Hansen for Courreges.
3) Gia Carangi for Dior Lunettes.

Debbie....I like her energy and apple-pieness, but she can't hold a candle to Gia, Janice or Patti. She belongs to the Nancy Donahue, Kim Alexis, Michelle Stevens, Kelly Emberg class of late 70s models. Among them I prefer Kim's strange possessed intensity over the others...I can't see how Debbie and Janice are similar...at ALL.

Attachments

• vogue_paris_may_1980_cat.jpg
    vogue_paris_may_1980_cat.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 42
  • vogue_paris_may_1980_hansen__courreges.jpg
    vogue_paris_may_1980_hansen__courreges.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 40
  • vogue_paris_may_1980_hansen__dior.jpg
    vogue_paris_may_1980_hansen__dior.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:
Two gorgeous Halston Perfume par Homme ads and a lovely Horst feature of the very same Halston, who is also interviewed by Andre Leon Talley.

vogue_paris_may_1980_halston1.jpg vogue_paris_may_1980_halston2.jpg vogue_paris_may_1980_halston__horst1.jpg vogue_paris_may_1980_halston__horst2.jpg

I must have seen that Horst shot of Halston somewhere before, because that's exactly how I always imagine the man. Or maybe Horst was simply a genius at capturing the essence of Halston, can't rule that out either!

You can't say I'm fast but....some ads:

1) Black cat of unknown origin, wearing unknown necklace.
2) Patti Hansen for Courreges.
3) Gia Carangi for Dior Lunettes.

Debbie....I like her energy and apple-pieness, but she can't hold a candle to Gia, Janice or Patti. She belongs to the Nancy Donahue, Kim Alexis, Michelle Stevens, Kelly Emberg class of late 70s models. Among them I prefer Kim's strange possessed intensity over the others...I can't see how Debbie and Janice are similar...at ALL.

I love the ad with the black cat :P.

I must have seen that Horst shot of Halston somewhere before, because that's exactly how I always imagine the man. Or maybe Horst was simply a genius at capturing the essence of Halston, can't rule that out either!

The light is stunning. Makes you want to move to NY and start sporting polos. :wink:

Thank you so much for Brooke!:clap:

The first one is one of the best from Reinhardt that I have seen. Gorgeous...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->