Vogue Portugal February 2024 : The Kitsch Issue

1st and 3rd covers are beautiful. 1st one is giving Vogue Italia Beauty vibes.

They could've just went with only the first cover. It's beautiful. Also, I'm always a little bit bothered with Vogue Portugal's cover lines. I feel like they should adjust the text tracking/spacing

I was expecting to hate the result with that concept but I actually LOVE the 1st one.

First one is the best. If you're going to make a name for yourself copying Meisel-era VI you may as go the whole nine yards. I'm a bit over multi covers personally, so don't see the need for the other two. Their not very kitschy either.

Love the 1st and 3rd but the only kitsch one is the 1st!
Good to see creative covers!

If you're gonna do Pierre & Gilles, let Pierre & Gilles do it.

i really want them to change the font, but i also like covers 1 and 3

just wish there was more continuity between their covers. for such a strong, fun theme, they all seem so disparate - vogue portugal has a bad habit of trying to cover the whole spectrum of a theme instead of zeroing in on one or a few aspects and executing them well. they overextend themselves trying to be 'aRtSy' and different. it's unnecessary; they don't have to keep proving themselves - which is how it comes off to me.

in addition to vogue china, they have and have shown the potential to put out good work, but they try to do so much with not enough of it hitting the mark. edit, edit, edit yourself.

The first cover is so cute! One and three are great, but the first one is really kitsch

First one is the best. Second is meh and third one, I just don't like the side eye. Looks amateur, like US ANTM-model level

Everytime "kitsch" is involved in fashion, why is it always using pink? Can we go a little above and beyond that please. Not really amused by any of this, and I don't think any of these really translate as kitsch at all.

My question with The Kitsch Issue is why now? The Avery Richardson cover is so Alessandro Michele coded, and Kitsch is no longer driving the fashion narrative.

My question with The Kitsch Issue is why now? The Avery Richardson cover is so Alessandro Michele coded, and Kitsch is no longer driving the fashion narrative.
Kitsch is outdated per se (as good-taste-gurus usually think), somehow, so it doesn't really matter if they do it now, yesterday, yesteryear... Tomorrow or the day after. There'll always be some nutty eyes (like mines) craving for their dose of kitschy stuff. Bright bold colors seemingly randomly put together, timeless old-fashioned twists (like on the first cover, my obvious favorite) and even the bunch of bad taste of nonsenses involved will always appeal to my... eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->