Vogue Russia May 2018 : Frederikke Sofie by Txema Yeste

I'd never have guessed that Yeste shot these. I'd have expected something more interesting from him.

Don’t see any point with the second and third cover. As if they cannot decide. The two symetrical earrings are just very disturbing. What kind of fashion message are they trying to get across?

I could make a collage with that last cover, a certain Vogue Portugal cover and a certain Vogue Ukraine cover and I bet most people wouldn't be able to distinguish which belonged to which. At least this one doesn't go for the English title bulls***. :rolleyes:

These Vogues are loosing it. No identity, no direction. This one is probably a bit better but... I'll give it to VParis and VItalia: they might have been putting out bad covers after bad covers but I would still be able to distinguish them.

Review

Sera Mann by Guy Lowndes, styled by Zolototruova 4 photos
Ella Hope by Emmanuel Giraud, styled by Yulia Lobova-Harfouch 3 photos
Amber Witcomb by Fanny Latour-Lambert, styled by Zolototrubova 12 photos
Frederikke Sofie by Yeste, styled by Masha Fedorova 8 photos
Michalina Olszańska by Marcin Tyszka, styled by Karla Gruszecka 5 photos
Linda Helena by Sgura, styled by Dunina 13 photos
Heather Kemesky by Peter Ash Lee, styled by Zolototrubova 7 photos

Clear Charlotte Wales vibes! Two new cover options are better, but still nice cover from them!

КАКИЕ МЫ НЕЖНЫЕ
Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Masha Fedorova
Hair: Laurent Philippon
Make-Up: Helene Vasnier
Model: Frederikke Sofie

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
One can easily see that glamour is back in Vogue Russia. It’s a weak editorial but so much better than most of the previous EIC’s work.

Frederikke managed to make the same facial expression in every shot, which is a shame. The last one is gorgeous though and I love the colour scheme.

Who shot this and what did he do to Txema Yeste? :blink:

I don't think Txema is the best choice for this story, he's usually better at outdoor.
the styling is very boring, basically not vogue worthy.

She's pretty but very dull, I didn't even knew she was still a thing.

I bought this issue and while I was checking their masthead/impressum I saw that Vogue Russia is printed in 84.000 copies. Is that sufficient for such a big and populated country? Yes, I know, not everyone's crazy about glossy mags, but still.
I bet half of the copies are distributed in Moscow/Piter, so I wonder, does anybody know, are Vogue and similar titles hard to find in f.ex. Siberian towns, or in Russian Far East? Or that's a privilege of those who live in bigger cities?

I am from a Russian town that is just in the middle of Russia (literally between Europe in Asia, don’t know If it is far enough for you) with less that half of million people living there. Don’t live there anymore, but back at the time it was really easy to find Vogue with other mainstream fashion magazines, probably it is easy still now. Even Numero can be found almost everywhere. I remember I only had troubles to find Interview magazine, I knew only one place near me.

That's nice to hear, thank you, Marushenka. :flower:

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Olga Dunina
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Make Up: Jessica Nedza
Model: Linda Helena

Vogue Russia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member