Vogue Scandinavia August/September 2023 : Pernille Teisbaek by Petra Kleis

Vogue Scandinavia has been a huge disappointment so far. This image is all kinds of cringe. Does the magazine resonate in the Scandinavian countries? Does anyone know?

For me, it really is what I expect from Vogue Scandinavia. :grinningwsweat:

They love their cheesy sustainable minimal earth lover aesthetic so much. See the heart shaped with her hair ? :handovermouth:

Damn they're stuck with this for 2 months.....

4 kids is either 'I'm poor beyond comprehension'
As the youngest of 5, how dare you... But it's true :tearsofjoy:

The lighting and styling makes her look as if she were ridden hard and put away wet. Not far off I guess but geez the whole thing is unflattering.

Vogue Scandinavia has been a huge disappointment so far. This image is all kinds of cringe. Does the magazine resonate in the Scandinavian countries? Does anyone know?

The fashion media landscape in Scandinavia is pretty poor, so there's almost no competition. Besides Vogue you basically only have Elle, Costume, Eurowoman/Euroman and some smaller magazines. Sadly, I think this resonates with the general public. The fashion crowd is a sea of middle-aged women with a b&w and beige feed (think old money/quiet luxury æsj) or a pastel and child-like style. There are of course more interesting creatives coming out of Scandinavia but I feel like they leave for London, Paris, Berlin or New York.

I actually spoke to a semi-well known photographer who has worked on this or the next issue about how safe Vogue is playing it both in terms of cover subjects and photography and about how there is absolutely zero glamour and he said that Martina Bonnier is a total control freak. Surely, a controlling Editor-in-Chief may not be a unique phenomenon, I guess this is her vision for Vogue Scandinavia and sadly we won't see a lot of variety. I love nature, the outdoors and shoots on location but give us a well done studio shoot.

I actually spoke to a semi-well known photographer who has worked on this or the next issue about how safe Vogue is playing it both in terms of cover subjects and photography and about how there is absolutely zero glamour and he said that Martina Bonnier is a total control freak. Surely, a controlling Editor-in-Chief may not be a unique phenomenon, I guess this is her vision for Vogue Scandinavia and sadly we won't see a lot of variety. I love nature, the outdoors and shoots on location but give us a well done studio shoot.

The problem is they don't even give a well-done and curated nature and outdoors shoot. Everything looks so pedestrian and not luxury or even fashionable at all. I think Martina simply has no vision. This magazine had so much potential and Scandinavia is such a big market for fashion magazines, talents and brands and yet she gives us nothing every single issue. I never saw an editorial from any issue so I won't comment on that but the covers keep getting worse and worse, in my opinion.

The fashion media landscape in Scandinavia is pretty poor, so there's almost no competition. Besides Vogue you basically only have Elle, Costume, Eurowoman/Euroman and some smaller magazines. Sadly, I think this resonates with the general public. The fashion crowd is a sea of middle-aged women with a b&w and beige feed (think old money/quiet luxury æsj) or a pastel and child-like style. There are of course more interesting creatives coming out of Scandinavia but I feel like they leave for London, Paris, Berlin or New York.

The thing is (at least as an outsider) it doesn't even seem like a fashion magazine, but a general interest women's magazine. But I guess that is the direction all Vogue editions seem to be headed. It's almost as if beauty, elegance, glamour are all "out" and the way to earn "cred" these days is to be mediocre, "rough" and kind of unattractive. I don't mean to sound offensive, but this is just my feeling after reading fashion magazines since the '00s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->