Vogue Taiwan March 2020 : Gia Tang, Chin Chin Hsu, Hilda Lee & Giwa Huang by Dan Martensen

Fancyfree

Reaction score

Models/Gia Tang,Chinchi Hsu
Photographer/Dan Martensen
Creative Director/Tingting Lin
Stylist/Stella Greenspan

instagram/voguetaiwan

Last edited:
Not that I'm a big fan of it, but it looks better. It looks fresh and clean and it's actually really pretty (especially that last cover). Not neccessarily on-brand for a Vogue title, but it's not bad. I only dislike the cover with stones and forest in the background, that's simply not cover material.

So another VI knock-off then? Sigh.
I do like the 3rd cover, but don't think the art direction is suitable for the images. They're a bit behind to be pushing Gia Tang now, but I'm sure it must be special to book a Vogue cover in your native country.

Very underwhelming relaunch!

Conde Nast must be doing really well (lol), they seem to be selling these Vogue licenses anywhere now. Are there really markets for Vogue and luxury clothing in all the new countries that have started publishing Vogue in the past 2-3 years? Is there a big ad spend budget from luxury brands for a country like say Poland?

The actual covers are ok, nothing to write home about it. Except for the fact that LV is happy to buy any cover money can buy.

i thought for relaunch issue they will use international known model...

uhmm but its ok they still use local model

What’s most impressive despite the rather simple, commercial direction is that these shots will be instantly recognizable as Taiwan to their readers. Even the weaker landscape shot is very Taiwan. It may not be international high design/high concept/high fashion, but it’s very personal and accessible to their readers. And it has enough flair.

Hopefully the content will be as solid because these days, a Vogue cover is such a troll.

Not really a relaunch lol, they always there but it seems no one cares for some obvious reasons? Anyway it’s the first issue helmed by the new EIC Leslie Sun, so here comes the new direction, I’m not impressed though.

Not that impressed, but its an improvement.

the past EIC could never

The third cover (with some work on the cropping) should've been the one and ONLY cover. It really would've made for a beautiful and memorable relaunch cover, but isn't allowed to shine with thanks to those first two. Another prime example of how multi-covers are usually... unnecessary.

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

Homecoming

Photographer: Dan Martensen
Creative Director: Ting Ting Lin
Stylist: Stella Greenspan, Yvonne Tsai
Hair: Isia, Jun Tsai
Makeup: Monfi Lin, Shin Tsai
Cast: Gia Tang, Chin Chin Hsu, Hilda Lee, Giwa Huang

Vogue Taiwan Digital Edition

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

Long Live

Photographer: Zhong Lin
Stylist: Kate Chen
Hair: Odye Weng
Makeup: Sting Hsieh
Cast: Orna Chen

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

Sleep/Walking

Photographer: Zhong Lin
Stylist: Joey Lin
Hair: Miley Shen
Makeup: Hecker Huang
Cast: Marisa Ho

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

California Dreamin'

Artist: Przemek Sobocki
Stylist: Annie Ting

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

Vogue Beauty: Seasonal Forecast

Photographer: Caleb & Gladys
Stylist: Melina Chen, Aleksandra Markovic
Hair: Ty Shern
Makeup: Liset Garza
Makeup: Mamie Onishi
Cast: Dien Kim

Vogue Taiwan March 2020

Vogue Beauty insert

Photographer: Mr Triangle
Stylist: Saem Xu
Hair: Jun Chang
Makeup: Eddie Hsu
Cast: Jessica, Mason, Zoe

I love all of it!

The main editorial just screams Taiwan. Leslie did a good job.

The covers look better in real life as well!

I love all of it!

The main editorial just screams Taiwan. Leslie did a good job.

The covers look better in real life as well!

Agreed, still not mad about the covers but the rest of the issue is a strong debut for a new EIC. Love the styling, the storytelling, and photography. Hopefully we won't see the style of photography in the main edit every month, but I can appreciate it for now. Particularly obsessed with the opening image of Long Live.
It's very hard to near impossible to get Vogue Taiwan in the UK if you don't live in London, and I don't even think you can order hard copies online. My dad would have to get it in HK. This would be the very first issue of Vogue Taiwan I've ever bought in my entire life, lol.

Your move, Singapore! :heart:

Agreed, still not mad about the covers but the rest of the issue is a strong debut for a new EIC. Love the styling, the storytelling, and photography. Hopefully we won't see the style of photography in the main edit every month, but I can appreciate it for now. Particularly obsessed with the opening image of Long Live.

You know what excites me about Lesie is the fact that she seems to have a vision and she knows where she wants to bring her magazine. Regardless of the taste (or lack thereof) of that vision/direction, credit must be given.

I can't believe that I am excited to see a new Vogue Taiwan issue.

Also what I appreciate about Leslie is the fact that she used Taiwanese models for her debut issue and not a bunch of western models seemingly touring Taiwan. Support models, more so your local models.

Leslie's first issue singlehandedly put VHK to shame. No need for the big names to make a magazine work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->