Vogue Turkey February 2016 : Irina Shayk by Norman Jean Roy

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

FASHIONGONEROGUE.COM

I'm really not one of those who turn up their noses at commercial/sexy models crossing over to HF but Irina just doesn't work for me.

It's actually not a bad cover, other than the weird pose, and clashing gold masthead and printed backdrop. The dress looks way more interesting than the cover subject. Overall it's a major improvement for Vogue Turkey.

Horrible! The garish background, the art direction, and then you have a pose of her just sitting there with bad eye make-up, and NO energy? No thank you!

They used to be so good, but its just one bad cover after another, for years now!

Disaster. It's now a shadow of what it once was. Shame.

I actually like the art nouveau style background print.

Dislike the dress. Are those puff sleeves? Urgh. Can't decide if a ruffled romantic dress or if something romantic but more streamlined is better for that background.

Why is she wearing no jewellery? Seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

I find Irina´s sexy-bombshelly expression in contrast with the soft set and styling off putting...

This could have been so great if that wasn't the background, she looks gorgeous though.

I can't get past the wallpaper. The longer I look at it, the more it reminds me of ladybits.

I'm not a fan of Irina but this cover is quite nice. Godd to see her in different way of styling but I'm not sure about the background..

Irina looks beautiful here, but the background and white text just don't work to balance out the cover.

I'm really not one of those who turn up their noses at commercial/sexy models crossing over to HF but Irina just doesn't work for me.

I LIVE for comments like this! Ditto !!! So agree. And yeah in this case INDEED she does not work for High Fashion. The cover has NO energy whatsoever and the pose and colors it´s all blah! AWFUL

I LIVE for comments like this! Ditto !!! So agree. And yeah in this case INDEED she does not work for High Fashion. The cover has NO energy whatsoever and the pose and colors it´s all blah! AWFUL

Doesnt seem believable when Irina trys to tone down the bombshell. She just doesnt work in a HF setting. It ultimately falls flat.

I don't like it. It could has been a great cover. Maybe Cuneyt Akeroglu can be a better choice as the photographer.

Why doesn't Norman Jean Roy shoot for mainline Conde titles like Vogue and Vanity Fair anymore? Did he piss off Anna?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->