Vogue Turkey July/August 2024 : Anja Rubik by Chris Colls

Given the dire state of most Vogue editions’ covers this summer, Anja is a welcome sight. Don't care for the photo selected as the cover, but there are a couple in the spread I do like.

Lately her work looks the same like some Saint Laurent campaign or lookbook.

Anja continues to make my eyes glaze over with boredom. I know she has her stans, but I don't get her in 2024.

The second, zoomed in cover is lovely. As for the editorial, it wouldn't hurt if the photographer made her make more eye contact.

She looks stressed out. Not sultry at all.
Yes, I get we settle for appearances of legit models like her because the bar in modeling has dropped to d-lister Lisa Rinna and daughters, but there's just something about Anja that has always been vulgar and here she just looks awfully dehydrated. I seriously looked at this and started looking around for my bottle of water.

If I ever look this tired in public I hope someone tells me… She looks to be using the last of her energy in every shot,

All of this is just very up my street, so I 100% approve. Anja Rubik, Chris Colls, Saint Laurent... tick, tick, tick! For me, this is one of the strongest Vogue covers I've seen in the past month or so. Nice to see Chris Colls photographing in colour, and I love the sultry mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denncr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->