Vogue World: New York - Live Fashion Event 2022

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Vogue’s live global fashion event is due to commence at 7:50PM ET time, in New York which is in celebration of the magazine’s 130th anniversary. The event will showcase Fall 2022 looks worn by the likes of Gigi Hadid and Precious Lee (amongst others).

Will you be watching? The event will be streamed live via Vogue’s website and I’m not sure how to embed the video here.

I loved the end segment with all he icons coming out in mostly golds and silver!
So many great faces!

What was exactly the point of this?

When they did that Fashion's Night Out show, it was least part of a larger project. I don't get what they were trying to achieve here.

And production wise, it felt like a poor man's version of the Gucci Hollywood show.

The only enjoyable thing was seeing other designer's full looks in a more "real"/pared down context and realising how poorly they actually translate to reality, either in full outfit or just as pieces.

This was supposed to be a celebration of fashion, not highlighting how utterly mediocre it is has honestly become.

You didn’t get pictures of everybody. Of course people are easy to kiss in this mess.
Unfortunately, Vogue Runway itself hasn't uploaded pictures of every single look :/

It’s like that weird Amfar show but less glamorous…

It does say a lot about New York that the only way to actually see well-made clothes on the runway is for someone to parade down some samples from European fashion houses…

Who styled that? The boots... Don't get the point of the event either.

I actually liked it. It’s very cheesy but also very fun and very American in a way…
What’s the point of this? This is a fabulous PR event to solidify the place of US Vogue and the power of Anna Wintour. Only her (and Edward) are capable to rally people from the entertainment and the fashion industry for such a mainstream event.

No need to see beyond that. I think it was well choreographed and very entertaining. Maybe I like it because I know such thing will never be possible in France.

Paris is maybe the most exciting city for fashion but there’s no real sense of entertainment there.

Maybe this Vogue Show really represents the place of NY in the fashion landscape. Nobody comes to NYC for creativity and jaw dropping fashion but there’s a real celebratory expression of fashion. Seeing some of those looks on the streets of NYC would not shock anyone (I think Joan and Gigi looked great for example)…Unlike Paris.

Elitism is good but sometimes, it’s good to see the world.

I actually prefer this to the Fashion Night Out. It’s more in tune with the spirit of Vogue.

I actually liked it. It’s very cheesy but also very fun and very American in a way…
What’s the point of this? This is a fabulous PR event to solidify the place of US Vogue and the power of Anna Wintour. Only her (and Edward) are capable to rally people from the entertainment and the fashion industry for such a mainstream event.

No need to see beyond that. I think it was well choreographed and very entertaining. Maybe I like it because I know such thing will never be possible in France.

Paris is maybe the most exciting city for fashion but there’s no real sense of entertainment there.

Maybe this Vogue Show really represents the place of NY in the fashion landscape. Nobody comes to NYC for creativity and jaw dropping fashion but there’s a real celebratory expression of fashion. Seeing some of those looks on the streets of NYC would not shock anyone (I think Joan and Gigi looked great for example)…Unlike Paris.

I actually prefer this to the Fashion Night Out. It’s more in tune with the spirit of Vogue.

Agreed, I enjoyed the videos with the crowd cheering the models. I believe after Covid fashion needs an injection of some camp to be fun again.

I caught most of this on my cell phone and didn’t particularly enjoy it, but perhaps it’s made for a bigger screen for viewing. Erykah Badu was there, but I would not have known it if it were not for post-show photos.

Anna Wintour has invented something new here: "Cheap Pride Parade". Because it does not matter how mediocre and tasteless you are, if you can share it with the rest of the world!!

I think it´s official now, Seventh Avenue is the new Skid Row neighborhood.

The only enjoyable thing was seeing other designer's full looks in a more "real"/pared down context and realising how poorly they actually translate to reality, either in full outfit or just as pieces.

This was supposed to be a celebration of fashion, not highlighting how utterly mediocre it is has honestly become.
Actually, greatest moment is Fran Summers carrying a Fendi Baguette - that is a paper bag with a Fendi sticker with what I presume is a baguette loaf to fill it. Should have done more tongue in cheek moments like this. Imagine if they recreated the SATC moment of Carrie on the runway just for sh*ts and giggles.

I do want to like an event like this, but the fashions themselves aren't exciting enough to give a real punch to this. But I think that is the blame of the stylists because there are different looks that they could have pulled from the fall season that would have worked better.

I'm also really thrown off by the Worldnet reps in the show. Even they look like they don't know what they're doing (honestly, are they a sponsor/provider and if so did it have to be this obvious?).

Maybe if they flipped this, having the non-models in the glitzier looks and models in the street looks or just planned it out a little better I think it would have had a greater impact. This just feels too expected in many ways and very forgettable, but that is very New York of them. Tis the times we are in, so it'll do the social media rounds and then that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->