W January 2008 : Hilary Swank by Steven Klein

I kinda wish the editorial was sans Hilary...I love the styling they've done...but it would be better only with Luke.

I got this today, it's really thin and not as good as the other 'thin' issues (August and previous Januaries.)

i LOVE the ed!
lol but I think its funny that it's like
"hilary on being in love, her health regimen
and her romantic new role!"
and then the editorial is all dark and depressing.

Just got this issue, and it is quite boring. However, Taryn & Egle both look great.

The cover's good for Hilary, but there's no way this issue is worth the money, and it's the latest in a series of underperforming issues of W. It's still a good magazine, but it seems tired at the moment. Where are the days when it would give you something truly stunning?

W Fashion Flash is "Opening Act - A sexy-sweet seventies vibe informs the pre-spring collections."
ph: Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer; styled:Katie Mossman
models: Taryn D/DNA and Egle/Major

Here are a couple of shots to tide us over while we wait for scans: :D

{source: email from W}

^^Thanks, Faith! I really didn't feel like scanning these huge pages tonight. :lol:

^:lol: Trust me, I understand completely :ninja: How thin this issue was! :o

Taryn Davidson & Egle Tvirbutaite
"Opening Act"
Ph. Claudia Knoepfel and Stefan Indlekofer
Styled by Katie Mossman

Scanned by me

Thanks for scanning, it's a great ed!

Every time is read 'Hilary on the cover', I think they're talking about Hilary Rhoda :smile:

The cover's good for Hilary, but there's no way this issue is worth the money, and it's the latest in a series of underperforming issues of W. It's still a good magazine, but it seems tired at the moment. Where are the days when it would give you something truly stunning?

I know, the december and january issues of W are always mediocre. The january issue often only has one ed, most of the time without a model. I remember a college shoot by Sims and that ridiculous eliphant shoot by Weber.

^LOL, I hope that someday she will get the W cover!

i love the egle/taryn editorial..really beautiful and different for w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->