W Magazine ‘Digital Edition’ 2024 : Beyoncé by Pamela Hanson

I have to say, again, that I love the cover... but I HATE the Alexander McQueen dress on the cover

The album is fabulous but maybe the fashion industry should stop trying to correlate their editorials to her work. Clearly, her own visuals are superior to whatever magazines are trying to do.

At this point I want to see her without make up, wearing Phoebe Philo, seated and doing nothing lol.
Agreed, her visuals are always far superior to what the magazines try.

variety

Last edited:
I do appreciate the fact that the cover is part of a story. It needed to be longer though, Western themed shoots offer lots of opportunities and as a Southern girl that's part of her DNA. A major Western themed story would have been nice in their large format print.

d396596c-993d-49d9-9f06-9e925ffc94c1-wmagazine2024beyoncecoverinstagram1.jpg
28afd6db-c026-48ff-92dc-e9ed73956589-wmagazine2024beyoncecoverinstagram2.jpg
f22aaccc-f513-47e9-b739-736f7a7a966c-wmagazine2024beyoncecoverinstagram4.jpg

4ed3abf1-8510-4119-9668-dda399bb704d-wmagazine2024beyoncecoverinstagram5.jpg
a3c169bf-9b4d-4b29-a265-e28cda6fbc8d-20240320_hardwood_w-magazine_pamelahanson_look_05_0001_v5_sc_qc-1.tif

wmagazine.com

Beyonce's skin color does not look natural on the cover. The editorial is better but nothing special or memorable.

Couldn't care less about Beyoncé but I like the look of this, way more than I did the covers of CR Fashion Book. The photography from Pamela Hanson is a little lackluster, but I do like the vibrancy, and that huge Alexander McQueen works great in the cover photograph.

Pamela Hanson is literally one of the worst photographers ever, gosh it looks sooo amateur and the retouching is really bad. I don't mind Beyoncé but the styling is cringy.

Omg I hate it. And I hate the new album. It's unlistenable - typical Beyonce and her bedroom hairbrush singing...like no melody at all, just flexing the vocals. And TEXAS HOLD'EM (heavy eyeroll on the "artistic choice" of ALL CAPS) sounds like a song from a Nikelodeon kids show...it's so corny and cringe. "So lay your cards down, down, down, down, down???" SHE'S AN ARTISTIC GENIUS.

And this cowgirl look is not working for me, either. When Madonna did country, she slayed so hard. This is so cheapy, tho.

Beyoncé has become extremely tacky in recent years but that Proenza Schouler ensemble is FABBB

it looks like juergen teller w magazine portraits a little, but, retouched? pamela hanson is mega rich and about 70 years old

It's unlistenable - typical Beyonce and her bedroom hairbrush singing...like no melody at all, just flexing the vocals.

And this cowgirl look is not working for me, either. When Madonna did country, she slayed so hard.

Wish I could sing like this in the shower with a hair brush.

I don’t mind the cover too, but the whole editorial is giving big we only had 15 minutes and had to shoot it in the driveway outside her house energy.

Surprised she agreed to a digital cover of W to be honest. We got a British Vogue cover for the last album, now we’re getting a digital only cover for a title that really doesn’t even have a huge social presence let alone readership? Quite odd.

Maybe it's the only content they have, and that's why they made it digital. It's shocking W did it with a super star.

She’s always been tacky. She is the gleaming epitome of all the money and starpower in the (Western) world, but still cheap-looking to the bone: That's in her DNA— not her Southern roots. But she’s absolutely double-downed on the tacky these last few years in order to compete with the current crop of lowest of common denominators for yaaaaaaassssss queeeeeeeen status of American pop culture.

I saw someone post an April Fools that the cover was "Beyonce as Nomi Malone in a remake of ShowGirls" and now I can't unsee it...

Nothing about it moves me. It seems like with a guaranteed #1 record for such an established artist, it would be better to just do the right prestige PR, rather than a giant push with with weaker editorials.. i felt like she did that a few years ago when she stopped doing interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->