the third one is a big NO to me.
the rest seems average for the firsit issue of W Magazine China

Photographer: Feng Hai
Celebrity: Gong Li
Stylist: Mix Wei
Makeup: Alive So
Hair: Yuehui Jiang

weibo.com @W中文版

Gong Li always dominates the whole shooting when it comes to magazine prdouction. She plays safe and she has to pick up the photographer that she personally prefers, instead of being controoled by the magazine team. That's the reason why Gong Li did not show up the cover of Vogue China untill former EIC left.

I guess the EIC of W China already realized how messy and fxxxkedup this shooting was during the shooting. But he coudlnot do anything if he still needs the name of Gong Li on the cover.

PS: Gong also used the same photographer Feng Hai to shoot Vogue China last time. Clearly it is her decision that matters.

1 You 're able to unite two living movie legends.
2 You just let them sit in a coffee shop and take a picture from the outside.
3. You totally failed to do your job in any creative way.

what a missed opportunity!

I dont mind the main cover and the all black and white but it needed a very strong cinematic editorial not some random stalker shots. They took a risk tho which is good.

They tried to emulate the excellence of Peter Lindbergh but they hardly even reached the Boo George level, sadly. It lacks sophistication and allure that was so characteristic of Lindbergh's photographs which were always imbued with raw beauty and life. This simply falls flat, it looks like behind-the-scenes promotional pictures of the actual photoshoot and I must say that I am very disappointed considering the usual Chinese standard in fashion magazines.

Gong Li has such a powerful presence! however, the editorial should’ve been stronger.
hopefully we have more shots of Huppert and Li together and also of Huppert alone.

Unfortunatelly I expect more duo to the excellent work of the others chinese mags

i think gong li and isabelle huppert are a good match: both are totally overrated.

VALENTINO
Photography:
Manuel Obadia-Wills
Styling: Austin Feng
Make-up: Yin Liu
Model: Sherry Shi

weibo.com

UMA WANG
Photography:
Uma Wang
Styling: Samuel Drira
Hair: Mayu Morimoto