Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Also style.com tried to create their E-commerce shop in 2016

Last edited:
For what is worth, she is a beauty in person (If I base my opinion on what my friends told me). But that’s quite a harsh lighting.
This is not a gossip forum, but Beyonce is a fashion icon in the Western world regardless the public like her or not
So I think my post here is worthy for The Fashion Spot because it is body image related, not a personal attack on her

That being that, about 10 years ago, she photoshopped herself and posted this on ig
Just look at the stairs :shock: she's been preaching about accepting her body for the past few years tho
Whether she means it, only she knows

80817dc54b0d98d205bfe6f7b7a26abe.jpg

Last edited:
Donatella's "selling merch in her own name" era:

photo_mid_def_805593.jpg
If I was a woman I would wear the f out of this Donatella-on-my-*** pants. Mother! :rofl:

Abercrombie & Fitch being an actual sporting goods store. I remember my parents commenting on this in the mall when I was a teenager and being like "hmmm... that's weird" when seeing the Bruce Weber ads outside of the store.

1716418962207.png

1716419036708.png

Bargain hunters jam Abercrombie & Fitch in New York, a sporting goods store known for its expensive merchandise and staid customers, July 22, 1968.

Beyonce is a fashion icon in the Western world
She's really not. She does not have a signature style and all of her creative attempts have been laughable. Ivy Park was an Adidas-lite Athleisure flop. It just shows how shallow her appeal is to the general public. She's a personality people vaguely admire, but aren't actually invested in.

She's really not. She does not have a signature style and all of her creative attempts have been laughable. Ivy Park was an Adidas-lite Athleisure flop. It just shows how shallow her appeal is to the general public. She's a personality people vaguely admire, but aren't actually invested in.
A fashion icon can have terrible style and still be a fashion icon. Stephanie de Monaco and Elizabeth Taylor are fashion icons.
It’s not about her personal style but her stage persona that inspires designers. I think people will remember Beyonce and her leotards much like they will remember Cher and her Bob Mackie dresses. And I don’t think Cher can dress or that she can sell something to me.

A fashion icon is not necessarily the person who dresses well and inspire people to dress like her.

And I think the question of a commercial value of those celebrities is another thing. I’m not particularly a fan of celebrities feeling the need to sell us something else than what we care for from them…Maybe because I’m not that invested in celebrity culture.

How about another random moment from fashion-spot history?

Years ago, there was a user who'd type, "I was at the couture show! I was at the couture show! I have pics! I have videos! I'll add 'em soon."

And when he'd post them, it was all shakey cell-phone footage of the models merely LEAVING the venue. So, no...stalking the models outside the couture show is not the same thing as actually being AT the couture show. So dumb.

I still remember the madness on the forums leading up to Victoria's Secret shows. We all had such a jolly vapid time.

Talking about random moments on TFS, I think about that member who made exposés on every Hedi Slimane’s Celine shows threads with attacks on anyone who didn’t think that Hedi dresses « Modern Royalty ». His posts were both concerning and hilarious to me…

^ something about his fanaticism made me kind of sad… he still tried to come back recently lol.

He’s a cautionary tale for the members who only sign up to ‘sort out’ the ‘Karens’ and the gays of this forum and stay in a crusade of assumptions and personal attacks long enough to never chill and find out online forums are not a byproduct of social media, they existed before sm and separately so expressing criticism is not exactly the most outrageous and disgusting thing to ever happen to fashion, more the opposite. By the time they warm up to the concept, they’re usually already banned and trying to find their way back to post in a civil manner to no avail..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violettem
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->