W Magazine China Volume #3 2023 : Liu Wen & Naomi Campbell by Leslie Zhang

I don´t like the proportions in Naomi´s covers but I´m loving the editorial :D (that damned W though hahaha)

Thanks a lot for sharing, Zorka! :sparklingheart::bomb:

Liu Wen is having a moment and she is giving everything. She looks amazing and it’s good to see someone committed.

I find this editorial a bit embarrassing for Naomi. She is the weakest link here…She looks ridiculous just looking like a wax figure in very robotic poses.

The editor was clever enough to make it more about Liu than Naomi.

Omg that photo of Liu styled as a homage to Prada S/S10 just hits different. What an amazing throwback.

She looks amazing here as usual. A real supermodel.

She may be the weakest among the two but this is the best Naomi we have seen lately.

The issue with her is really her frozen face, such a pity.

Never tired of saying this: Liu Wen is a star! She looks amazing and delivers it all. I could've done it without Naomi...

Pics look much better without those brushes, though. Layout isn't as striking as the images.

FABBBBBB both Liu & Naomi killed it, the vets showing the new girls how its done!

Fashion magazines in Asia are on a whole other level, western publications need to step it up

You just have to hand it to the brilliant editors at these Chinese fashion titles, who seem to be the only editors left with an ounce of creativity and determination to keep fashion and fashion photography alive. Never usually pay attention to W China but I am 100% here for this.

Also kinda OBSESSED with Naomi Campbell here, and how well she's wearing those Alaia pieces, as well as the Prada.

Liu Wen is so cool! I love Chinese fashion magazines! their creativity and taste are refreshing after boring covers from Europe. I LOVE every picture of Liu Wen! She is posing very cool and her expressions are everything. In my opinion movement in a posing, is a detail that is missing from almost every magazine, editorial, and campaign nowadays. if someone wants to show clothes' personality, a way to wear them (other than standing like a mannequin), then a picture should (in my opinion) contain some kind of character that defines these certain clothes from other clothes. and good model and the team can easily attain it. that's why I think Chinese fashion magazines (with the whole team included) are attracting attention both for creativity and for what fashion magazines in Europe lost years ago. with movement, news, and interesting photos.

I loved Liu Wen. better than Naomi in this issue actually. Naomi was great as always but Liu served better and offered much much more. I love her pictures!

Naomi should limit herself to the runway these days. She's still one of the best walkers in the business but her print and ad work is just not working anymore. It's not just any work she may have had done. She seems to have forgotten how to model.

Naomi should limit herself to the runway these days. She's still one of the best walkers in the business but her print and ad work is just not working anymore. It's not just any work she may have had done. She seems to have forgotten how to model.

exactly! She is the best model in the fashion industry for sure and made history as a model but I think she should take a chosen job only. not everything. just because she is iconic and a supermodel in general, designers and photographers are settling on regular poses. she isn't even trying which is understandable (cause she already did everything in the 90's) I think it's time for other models to shine...

They picked the worst two photos on covers.
LOL wtf.

that pic liu wearing sunglasses, white dress and long hair is definitely inspirred by Prada campaign, I can't recall which season but it must be on the moodboard.
Lazy team.

hdZJ5bxa_t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->