Wales Bonner Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

Miu Miu didn't invent striped shirts or swim briefs.

Neither she or Tom would ever purposely reference a Miu Miu collection. EVER.

Maybe not Wales herself but her stylist DEFINITELY was.

I should acknowledge I’m a big fan of Wales Bonner, but I can’t deny that something about this collection is underwhelming compared to her previous seasons.

Regardless of my comment I still liked the show it’s just that I wanted to be a shady diva like all of my TFS girlies.

The comparisons to Martine Rose read like thinly veiled racism to me.

Their clothes are nothing alike. Bonner's clothes are immaculate, they are exquisite in their material and construction. Martine Rose is trash.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both mixed-race British women who design for men.
Nike got Martine Rose, Adidas Wales Bonner. I might as well compare them to Gosha Rubchinskiy's chav aesthetics 😆

There's a bit of everything here, from no-fuss evening suits to preppy sportswear by way of print. Added to that, both men's and womenswear.

Stretching one's offering that wide can really only work when a brand identity has been clearly defined and to me she's not reached the point where she can deliver a clear message yet.

Maybe not Wales herself but her stylist DEFINITELY was.

I should acknowledge I’m a big fan of Wales Bonner, but I can’t deny that something about this collection is underwhelming compared to her previous seasons.

Regardless of my comment I still liked the show it’s just that I wanted to be a shady diva like all of my TFS girlies.
Tom would NEVER be caught dead copying Lotta. He doesn't need to not, to mention it would destroy his career.

You lied to me...

You knew already there’s not going to be anything close to mesmerizing seeing her designs in moSHOOOOOOOONE LMFAO She’s a very solid dressmaker and tailor, but she’s not high fashion. Sometimes the intense hyperbolic hype heaped towards her is beyond hilarious: It’s Swfties/Beyhive/Madonna loons level of stan worship-- just for a… dressmaker LOOOL

I like her sensibility but her brand has never produced any singular piece of garment that I would want to spend money on, so I get why many don’t care for her rather sparse, plaintive, ragtag aesthetic— especially when the shows are so poorly styled and her offerings work much stronger as separates hanging on a showroom rack. And maybe she serves as an relief for all the first draft and poorly-constructed clownwear/childrenswear/dragwear designed by 13yos that’s infested the industry; because 20 years ago, someone like her would mostly just be relegated to being employed by the local upscale tailor. But in 2024-- the local dressmaker and tailor with solid skills is superior to these so-called CDs heading the biggest brands. If one's looking for bespoke tailoring, it may be readily had elsewhere; Oswald Boetang has been giving eccentric and masterclass sartorial bespoke for decades now. Or, hunt down vintage YSL by Tom or Pilati for achingly masterful bespok to die for at 2007 RTW pricepoints. I’ll go to Tom Ford for another leather pant before I would even try hers on, frankly.

Clocking that Miu Mia dupe though? Y'all don't miss a beat!

If one's looking for bespoke tailoring, it may be readily had elsewhere; Oswald Boetang has been giving eccentric and masterclass sartorial bespoke for decades now. Or, hunt down vintage YSL by Tom or Pilati for achingly masterful bespok to die for at 2007 RTW pricepoints.
Tbf Ozwald Boateng's suits are more structured and way more colourful than Anderson & Sheppard's, it's analogous to telling a yohji client to buy versace...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->