Washington, DC Shopping

LOL, you should be more frightened of the motorcades of the President and visiting officials! One of my friends got his foot run over by one of the limousines.

Actually, I love the wacky sirens they use for the President.

I will be in D.C. for 10 days soon (June 9-19) and as my cousin that I am staying with is a political lawyer for one of the presidential candidates, her hours are very long and I will be let loose to explore/shop/eat on my own for the better part of each day...

What are some good, reasonably-priced restaurants for lunch? I will be going all over, but the apartment I will be staying in is in Clarendon, VA. And what are some good places to shop without spending an ungodly amount of money?

where to find YSL in Wshington? is there any boutique?

^There used to be one in Foggy Bottom as part of Saks Jandel but it moved out to Maryland, if I remember what the SAs said (they had a really awesome sale before they left about a year ago).

The new one is out in Chevy Chase, Maryland. You can drive or take the metro there I think. There's also a Saks Fifth Ave. (which is different than Jandel) there. Saks Jandel periodically has sales though, so I would check it out plus I think its a DC only store.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Lollicandy, i am going there next October .. so i am planning my shoping list from now :wink:

Sooo, any good updates? I'm in the process of updating my wardrobe & if anyone knows of any new or interesting places to check out, please so share : )

anyone have good recommendations for a cobbler with lots of experience handling expensive shoes like Louboutin (fix taps, stretching, resole with red sole, etc.)

I took some Gucci shoes to one guy at random and he grabbed a pin and put my order number through it and stuck it through the back of my leather shoe! I was mortified. Also just the way I saw the other shoes stored made me not want to go back there. I need a new person. I work in the Tysons/Dulles area and that would be convenient. I can also take them into DC on weekends.

would love to hear more chat about vintage/resale shops for accessories

Saw this on another forum and thought it may be helpful to some

I usually shop at the Tysons' Store, so I don't have this issue. However, others might.

I wanted to post my recent experience with Neiman Marcus. I went to Neiman Marcus tonight to return a few items that did not fit. Since I live in the Washington Metro area, I went to the store in Mazza Galleria - which I HATE. The customer service at this store is the absolute WORST I have ever experienced. Anyway, I was aware of the new policy for web returns, which is posted in the store. It states all web returns must accompany a receipt. Understanding this to be the policy, I printed the eletronic receipt I received when I made my purchases. To my surprise, I was informed the "receipt" must contain a bar code - you know the shipping sticky you receive with your order, THAT'S the RECEIPT. Nowhere in the store did it say the "receipt" must contain a bar code or even that the "packing slip" is the receipt. Given the fact I drove 1.5 hours to this store in order to do the return, I was beyond furious. Luckily, I needed to visit [URL="http://www.purseblog.com/link.php?id=12"]Saks[/URL], Barneys, [URL="http://www.purseblog.com/link.php?id=7"]Nordstrom[/URL] and DSW, which are also in the area. However, now that I have come home, gone through the empty boxes and located the "packing slips", I am returning to the store tomorrow and have decided to return ALL of my purchases.
yahoo.gif

I refuse to pay $600 for shoes, not to mention all of my other purchases and deal with a Mickey Mouse atmosphere. When NM hires some of the clowns it has working for it, it needs to take into consideration its clientele and the amount of money WE "invest" into the business. Frankly, I was less upset about the return - although I was pretty heated - I was more upset with the poor customer service I received. There was one lady who I think may be head of customer service. If she isn't - she sure thinks she is - eating what appeared to be peanuts while instructing the others to refuse the return without the "packing slip".

I have a call into corporate. However, I can tell you based on this experience and others in this particular store, Neiman Marcus has lost a loyal customer.
cursing.gif

Oh my goodness, how did I just find this thread now?! Hey there, DC TFSers!! :D

I'm 21 and a GWU student living in Foggy Bottom - does anyone know of any reasonably priced places to find vintage?

Oh my goodness, how did I just find this thread now?! Hey there, DC TFSers!! :D

I'm 21 and a GWU student living in Foggy Bottom - does anyone know of any reasonably priced places to find vintage?

the goodwill. Tons of great stuff, you just have to take time to look through everything. Great for finding statement pieces.

the goodwill. Tons of great stuff, you just have to take time to look through everything. Great for finding statement pieces.

Very good advice, thank you! I will have to search for the closest one!

I'm going to be in Washington sometime this summer, and was wondering, what's your usual stop in for retail stores like Zara and H&M? Sometimes I find my self in one shop with more stock + better services than another, depending where you are.

i would go to the zara in georgetown on Wisconsin ave. and the H&M on 7th street downtown..that one is huge!

I'm going to be in Washington sometime this summer, and was wondering, what's your usual stop in for retail stores like Zara and H&M? Sometimes I find my self in one shop with more stock + better services than another, depending where you are.

I actually prefer the Zara by MetroCenter! The service I've gotten there is just spectacular, and I always purchase something everytime I go. There's an H&M right by there as well but last I went, it was under renovation - and the one in Georgetown is better stocked anyway.

Does anyone know when sales in Washington DC usually start? I'm coming over from the UK in July and hoping to catch some good deals!

Custom Wedding Dress Suggestions?

Anyone in the DC area know of a good seamstress who specializes in custom-made wedding dresses? I was thinking Diana's Couture & Bridal in Georgetown, but really don't know where to start!

Where does everyone in DC go to get their designer shoes taken care of? I've got a pair of python de Havilland wedges that need some TLC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->