Waterproof Liquid Liner

dotcommie

Reaction score
What's the best waterproof liquid liner? I've only used MAC's and it's far from waterproof. I like the blackness of the black and the shape of the brush, but towards the end of the bottle, the brush always gets frayed and blunted, making it very difficult to get a sharp point (since I always do cat eye, this is important). And if my eye tears up even a little bit, whoa, it's all over the place. It's surprising because MAC generally makes great products...

I use Artliner by Lancome....it is very precise and has a foam tip instead of a brush. Hope this helps and welcome to TFS!

I am bumping this because I am thinking maybe I need a super waterproof liner to solve my dilemma. OK the problem is whenever I use my eyeliner it smudges on to my lid throughout the day/night. You can still see the dark line and the flick but I end up looking like I have grey shadow on too! And I'm wanted to try some Siouxsie Sioux/Beth Ditto type eyes this winter and obviously smudges would ruin this. Help??!?!

MAC Fluidlines are very waterand smudge proof. Wonderful texture too

i know GOSH liquid eyeliner is semi-permanent (it actually says so on the tube)...i know this for a fact, i actually had to buy the 2-phase eye makeup remover to get it off. it's amazing! i fell asleep without removing my eyemakeup one night and the next day, it was still on and looked as if i had just done it!

^ I use Gosh too, and I confirm that it really does not come off - really seems permanent.
I need to get myself some of that remover, because nothing really works (Vaseline barely does the trick) it really does not budge much

Is that the same GOSH they sell in superdrug? Cheapy line?

no, gosh is about the same price as mac makeup...and i think some of their stuff is a little better too, quality wise

Mac Fluidline. Not sure which one the original poster was using but this stuff does not budge from my face. I went to sleep and it still looked as if it had just been applied when I woke up! I didn't buy the oil-based remover when I first bought it because I thought I'd try my old Sephora brand -- no luck whatsoever.

Is there any kind of liner that is truly waterproof and that wont come of if I was out on a hot day at the beach ?

Kat Von D tatoo liner, it rained all day in nyc, plus i went to the gym for 2 hours + steamroom etc... still here!!!

^ does the kat von D one have a rich pigment to it? I swatched it on my hand in sephora recently because I've heard great things but it didn't seem to leave a very opaque line. I don't know if it was just the tester was old or what but I'm very pale and if a liner isn't super opaque black it's very noticeable . I went in there with the intention of buying that liner but didn't :(

I bought Liquidlast Liner by mac last week. I find it very hard to apply. maybe it's just me..I used diorliner before and it was very easy to use.

I didn't find liquidlast liner hard to use at first(the brush is a little flimsy though) but after only a few weeks the formula got all thick and chunky and wouldn't go on smooth anymore. Such a disappointment considering the price.

MAC liquidlast liner is EXTREMELY waterproof...in fact it's quite a pain in the butt to get off because it just wants to stay on.

MAC fluidline isn't waterproof but it is water resistant and the texture is absolutely beautiful!

I didn't find liquidlast liner hard to use at first(the brush is a little flimsy though) but after only a few weeks the formula got all thick and chunky and wouldn't go on smooth anymore. Such a disappointment considering the price.

This is basically what I've come to discover after using it for awhile. Definitely won't be repurchasing because with that + the remover, way too much money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->