Wedges / platform shoes for fall 07/08?

emma peel

Reaction score
It seems like the biba/'70s look has infected everything lately-- high waisted jeans, big sunglasses, and of course the wedge/platform shoe revival.

I'm still planning to rock my grey chloe spring 06 bow tie maryjane wedges this fall, plus I just bought some chloe patent wedge pumps from fall 06 on sale that I thought were pretty classic...

Any good platforms for fall you'd like to post? :flower:

Attachments

• NMX8712_mn.jpg
    NMX8712_mn.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 512
  • CH7106_th.jpg
    CH7106_th.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 509
Wow, those look great! I know that the ones with ribbons around the ankles are big.

thanks! do you mean a sort of espadrille-hybrid for the fall? i'm trying to picture it :wink:

i wonder if there are others in addition to the older chloe ones I mentioned that folks like for the upcoming fall season... or maybe i'll be alone wearing my new old wedges this year!

oh gosh i completely agree!! topshop had some gorgeous ones in their sale today but none in my size :(

yeah, the grey ones are pretty comfortable (for a five inch wooden wedge!) but the bows have to be retied once in a while. the patent ones are divine, less support on the bottom so a little bit scary in the ankle breaking dept. but a really snug fit.

Wedges and platforms are usually good any time of year. I'm very fond of the 70s as far as casual fashion goes. The shoes may be chunky and all, but at least it's a fashion style I could get into much more than all the '80s fandom that drives me to insanity. Cute platforms nonetheless.

I don't plan on retiring my collection of wedges/platforms anytime soon. I wouldn't consider them '70s style, but they're platforms nonetheless.

i have the chloe patent wedges- so i guess i will be wearing them again...
i still think they are awesome!

soft, what was your most successful outfit with the patents? i found the grey bow ones worked best with skirts/dresses-- did you get any mileage out of the patents with pants?

i'm obsessing about these... louboutin from net a porter

less "statement" than the chloe patent ones, thinking i may switch it up and return the chloes for these...?:huh:

Attachments

• louboutin wedge.jpg
    louboutin wedge.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 0
The patent Chloe wedges are going to age so nicely. The bow-ties are very adorable, too.

I, too, believe that wedges/platforms can go beyond the whole 70's era. Infact, I believe a fresher idea would be to deviate from the predictable and rather trite 70's theme. Unless you're mixing different styles, say 70's meets Japanese streetstyle - that's clever and very fresh.

wedges are so much more comfortable than heels.

those chloe wedges still look adorable.

the louboutin wedges are my dream shoe. :wub:

I tried on my sister's but what would you wear them with? suggestionssss?

soft, what was your most successful outfit with the patents? i found the grey bow ones worked best with skirts/dresses-- did you get any mileage out of the patents with pants?

i dont' wear pants often...only cropped ones and they look super with cropped pants and also with full shorts...

i put them away for a few months because i wasn't 'feeling' them...
i think they are really best as a fall shoe...
maybe it's the patent......

but i am def feeling them again...
they just work with everything i want to wear really well...
they are so great with mini skirts/dresses...

i think that the lower wedge is not so great with long pants maybe...
though they seem good with the new wider leg that is happening..

:flower:

i saw a really cute peep toe patent wedge at zara...in off white
if only they didn't hurt my feet so much...
they would be so cute
:doh::(

being only 5"1 i love wedges they give me height and enlongate my little legs :flower: I dont know about were other people live but wedges have been a must have for the last two years say now .. nto sure if they will have much sticking power throgh yet an other season ??

fyi- just saw a pic of kate moss wearing wide leg jeans with the patent chloe wedges

:flower:

cute! that's the look i was going for last year with the grey ones, but they are way chunkier than the patent ones with wide leg pants. wedge boots sound good too... but don't have any pics offhand.

The wedge pumps in Post #11 look very nice. Those are very classy and very cute shoes. Though I say they are classy, I wouldn't be surprised if a lady paired these with bootcut jeans or (dare I say...) skinny jeans. Something I notice about some wedges is that the actual wedge base isn't completely flat. I zoomed the pictures of the wedges in Post #11 and noticed a little heel. They aren't completely flat at the bottom. The design of the wedge sort of mimics a little heel, but not too much in the sense of a traditionally-heeled shoe.

I asked someone on these boards about the difference between wedges and high-heeled shoes. This one lady told me that wedges are actually more comfortable to walk around in. I'm not a lady, so I can't tell the difference between heeled shoes and wedges. I think when I was much younger, I actually played around with some of my Mom's clothing. Wore one of her jumpers and all. I even wore a pair of her boots on my feet. I believe they were high-heeled boots. This was back in maybe the early 1990s when I was probably 10 or so. Still, can't say from experience about wedges and high-heeled shoes.

Wedges and platforms are great shoes for those who want to show out with these shoes. I've seen wedges as more comfortable high-heeled shoes while platforms add a few inches to your height. I've seen simple platforms... then some extreme platforms. Some who want the best of both worlds can wear platform shoes with a wedge heel. Only one I really know wear platforms a bit is this friendly Korean lady who works at this Schlotzsky's restaurant across the street from my community college. I didn't know her sandals were Volatile sandals until I sat at the same table with her as I got to glance at sandals. You know what brand it is when you see a capital "V" with flamems- it's Volatile. She sometimes wear some other high-heeled and platformed shoes at times. Helps her see better ahead of the cash register. Only real non-platforms she wears are usually these laced boots when she wears stirrup pants (or leggings?). The most popular of platform wedge shoes are some of the boots most modern go-go dancers like Helen Su, Sasha Singleton, Thuy Li, and Teemarie wear. All plaformed and have that patchwork look to them. Sorry to mention nightclub dancers in a fashion forum, but those are the ones I usually see a lot of in pictures. They'd be completely pointless (and dangerous) to go around town in if worn with regular clothes. But if you're doing some go-go dancing, they're the hottest stuff now.

Anyhow, have any favorite wedges? platforms? platform wedges?

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of enjoyed reading your little story about the Korean lady haha. My sister came home the other day in those kind of platform shoes. Although she wore them with a tunic and cut off tights...I don't think they looked very nice at all with the tights. Maybe it's the fact that tights weren't really made for her but I just didn't like the look at all.

I tried them on but I couldn't really develop an opinion on their comfort because they were too big for me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->