What Are You Reading?

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 26th, 2003 - 7:02 pm
Am reading now,Perfume: A Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind

The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass

tin drum is great scott*

do you enjoy "Prefume"? i've been thinking of reading this so i would appreciate opinions :flower:

I´m reading "Stargirl" -Jerry Spinelli!!
Think it´s great!! :angel:

Originally posted by Lena+Nov 27th, 2003 - 5:58 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Nov 27th, 2003 - 5:58 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Nov 26th, 2003 - 7:02 pm
Am reading now,Perfume: A Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind

The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass

tin drum is great scott*

do you enjoy "Prefume"? i've been thinking of reading this so i would appreciate opinions :flower: [/b][/quote]
Without giving too much away,Lena,the narration in it is unbelievable. While,horrifying and gruesome as much as it is,its candor and explicities draws you into the story as if you're actually smelling the contrasting scents he describes.

I love the Tin Drum. I'm planning to re-read it soon.

thanks scott* i think you will also adore 'The little friend' by Donna Tartt :wink:

I ahve jsut started 100 years of solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

:heart:

Originally posted by fortezza@Nov 26th, 2003 - 10:47 am
"Veronika decide de mourir" by Paulo Coelho
Oh, i want to read that one! are you reading in original language it was written? i can read it either in english or russian. did you read anything else by Coelho?

i liked 'the Alchemist' but thats all from Cohello, i tried two other books but they were very boring to read, i think 'the Alchemist' is by far his best book ever Serena :flower:

just finished disco bloodbath by james st james, brought back some memories of messy parties although we were never THAT messed up!
i find books written about a scene after it has died out fascinating because they are often hilariously catty
now reading j t leroy's book the heart is decietful above all things, i do think he is brilliant, the way he can describe things.

I'm reading some superb novels from Milan Kundera (can't translate titles correctly :blush: ) and A. Sen for my studies :wacko:

Originally posted by roudoudou@Nov 29th, 2003 - 5:44 am
I'm reading some superb novels from Milan Kundera (can't translate titles correctly :blush: ) and A. Sen for my studies :wacko:
:woot: Kundera is such a geat literature master, welcome to tFS roudoudou :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 28th, 2003 - 4:48 am
i liked 'the Alchemist' but thats all from Cohello, i tried two other books but they were very boring to read, i think 'the Alchemist' is by far his best book ever Serena :flower:
Thanks, Lena! "Alchemist" is the book that was initially suggested to me. So i'll begin from that, i guess. :flower:

Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey. I'm only Catharine of Aragon, but it's great so far. Well written, it's as narrative as any fiction I've read.

re-reading an old favorite glamourama by bret easton ellis...hungry for the movie which i hear is in production now....

kundera is a god among men.

and since retro's in this season, i highly recommend james baldwin's another country as it's my favorite novel by far.

Originally posted by fortezza@Nov 26th, 2003 - 5:47 pm
"Veronika decide de mourir" by Paulo Coelho
Oh, I loved that book! :heart: Even more than The Alchymist.

Originally posted by Angelica@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 2:27 am
Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey. I'm only Catharine of Aragon, but it's great so far. Well written, it's as narrative as any fiction I've read.
if you like that subject, you should read <span style='font-family:Geneva'>The Other Boelyn (sp?) Girl.</span> It was a great book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->