What Are You Reading?

Just finished "The End of Fashion" by Teri Agins. As it was published around 1999/2000, its analysis of the fashion world 'ended' there, so it's very interesting not only to see an account of what you remember from the time, but to read it knowing how the stores and brands have fared since then.

The writer was not a fan of Donna Karan.

just finished the woman in me memoir by britney spears yesterday and loved every page of it.

Petals on the Wind by V.C. Andrews, absolute trash and a nostalgic read because I needed something that didn't require thinking. It is terrible and I love it.

fiction: Ruthless Vows, by Rebecca Ross. It's got this vintage-WWII-meets-fantasy feel that I find really addictive, like the heroine wears trench coats, uses a typewriter and has shoes that sound like they're 1940s brogues.

non fiction: Orientalism, by Edward Said.

I finished Let Us Descend by Jesmyn Ward and started Lola in the Mirror by Trent Dalton

Currently reading: Woke fiction - Comment l'idéologie change nos films et nos séries

This gonna sound really annoying but my friend and I thought it'd be fun to book club Anti-Oedipus... it's so hard 😭 every time I think I start to get it, I DON'T.

just finished re-reading Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers - was trying to work out whether it was too advanced for a 7 year old child's birthday present (I think yes). I find I enjoy book Mary more than Disney Mary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->