What do you COLLECT?

Illustrations
Paintings
Sculptures
Furnitures
Decorative Arts
Artist's Books
ETC...

-I collect paintings of contemporary artists with whom I have often worked, as a curator. I also collect contemporary hand-made semi-precious jewelry.

I started this thread in the Art & Design section because as an art historian I am interested in what artists and designers, or those interested in the arts, COLLECT.

Last edited by a moderator:
i keep all the exhibition invitations and posters, i've been to (or not, sometimes) in archive boxes.
i have a few artist books.
and kept some stuff from my father important collection of "worked" paper that i made framed ...
i would love when will earn more money to buy artworks. but i think i could start now with drawings .... 100-200€ isn't huge, afterall ....

i had no idea i was such a pack rat.. :innocent:because i hate having things (since i move homes all the time)
  • stamps
  • pictures from children's books ^_^
  • kinds of yarns
  • materials samples.. fabric swatches, lace, plastics, paper pieces... i have them in a binder. i also have a book of ones i made...
  • colour palettes on the hard drive
  • spices
  • kinds of oil
  • kinds of vinegar
  • kinds of tea
  • & old foreign music of course...

art books, i have quite a number of them, most is from japanese artist
vampire books..
various paintings and illustrations
various photograph

and well.. i always222 collect TONS of pictures from an artist, or an idol that i like...

i
  • spices
  • kinds of oil
  • kinds of vinegar
  • kinds of tea

Do you collect these and preserve them...or, do you simply enjoy using a variety of them on daily basis?! And, if you 'Collect' them, what criteria do you use...?

album of traditional chinese painting
book about fashion photography

and..of course..fashion magazines:ninja:

Do you collect these and preserve them...or, do you simply enjoy using a variety of them on daily basis?! And, if you 'Collect' them, what criteria do you use...?
I like using them on a daily basis ^_^
I don't think I use any criteria... It's easy to have a collection of spices because I buy some for a recipe I just learned, and then I have extra spice left over...
So I usually start with a recipe and then the collection builds up from there

The only thing is that I don't really have any use for cloves, but I think they look really interesting (un-ground cloves)... So they're more an 'inspiration item'

I can't make the spices
but I can make different flavoured oils... called fused oils
and also some vinegars and teas can be made yourself
A lot of the tea I have are gifts from friends, through the mail :P

vogue uk
vogue paris
vogue italia
elle uk
dior, chanel and louis vuitton advertisements

... seriously nothing else

^^ collecting tea, that's very interesting.

I collect shells, have them all clasified in separate boxes, I collect coins as well, and photographs of rocket launchings, people usually don't want them and give them to me.
I don't know if it's considered a collection but I've been keeping all the tickets from things I buy since a couple of years ago :lol:.
I also have a nice growing collection of superman comics. And finally I used to collect star wars figurines :ninja:, it may not look like it, but it's quite an expensive addiction, thank god I don't do it anymore.

I collect artbooks from Japanese artists as well!
Additionally, I have some photography books, and I collect postcards that are sent to me from around the world (through postcrossing).

i collect:
-tea
-fashion advertisment
-magazine with lots of good photos
-free ads
-paper bag
-anime toys

Music, my photos and videos, sexy underwear, tee, models photos and videos, magazines...

:o ^ ! Oh i forgot that one
Me too :P
It's been a long time since I wrote air mail
but I have a big collection from high school
everytime I go to Chinatown...

white and heather grey t-shirts..
teas from the oriental grocery
pens
domino magazines
(unintentionally) save plastic, paper & styrofoam that comes with packages thinking i'll use it artistically later :rolleyes:
my house is full of random flea market findings like a ceramic animal figures, glass bowls, candles,..

one of my goals is to collect every single BSB Club book. They where the books in childhood that got me to start reading.

^ I loved them... :wub: along with the movie. I wanted to be Dawn :lol:

-Magazines + I've kept a receipt of every magazine I've bought, how silly :lol:
-since childhood, I've cut out intresting pieces of news and articles from newspapers
-anything I can use for scrapbooks---if I ever took the time to make them :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->