What do you collect?

Vintage well-made leather and beaded handbags. They're so unique and not much money. I also love classic vintage cashmere sweaters and wear them all winter!

Hoodies, and I really feel the itch to start collecting cardigans.

fashion-related things i collect are:

vintage fashion magazines
coffee table books
chunky jewelry
cardigans
70s style jeans
hats

a lot of it i don't collect deliberately but mostly have just accumulated over time.

vintage pieces from my favorite designers (cdg, issey, yohji, undercover, margiela, mugler, gaultier, moschino, etc.)
vintage fashion magazines & books
antique jewelry & silverware
offbeat bric-a-brac

1st edition maurice sendak books
horse bits

Last edited by a moderator:
repetto ballet flats ( i'm up to 10 pairs, most recently black patent leather )

vintage silk scarves ( vera makes/made some amazing ones )

vintage victorian and art deco gold rings

vintage silk blouses - often described as 'secretary blouses' or 'tie-neck blouses'.
- i recently purchased two fantastic blouses from a store in the west village (ny), one is vintage koos van den akker and the other is vintage lanvin!

vintage silk blouses - often described as 'secretary blouses' or 'tie-neck blouses'.
- i recently purchased two fantastic blouses from a store in the west village (ny), one is vintage koos van den akker and the other is vintage lanvin!
Impressive!

I collect too many clothes:
Jumpsuits/playsuits, anything high waisted, puff sleeved sweaters, Celia Birtwell prints, vintage clutch bags, high heeled shoes, oversized sunglasses, leather gloves, and L.A.M.B. For example........

Shoes and handbags have always been my first loves, but lately, I've noticed that my collection of scarves, hats, and headbands has been growing. I can't seem to steer away from pashminas or berets or satin headbands. They're my bank accounts downfall.

^I've noticed I'm collecting a lot more pashminas than I used to. I'm also getting quite a collection of mixed items in grey and navy,doesn't really matter what,and cameo brooches :herat:

I collect leather jackets! I'm SO into leather jackets right now-I think I have 11 or 12. I know it's over 10 by now, but I need more!

I also collect art-I'm a sucker for good photography.

Jeans! I think I have over 60 pairs of designer denim....:woot:

I want to start buying vintage stuff. Any suggestions on where to shop, online or chain stores?

I used to collect fashion magazines. They took up several bookcases. Finally I decided I was tired of moving them and finding places to store them so I sold them all on ebay. The money I made was enough to pay rent for my apartment.:ninja:
That's a lot of magazines. :rolleyes:

I'm an avid collector of scarves, jewelry that includes rings, earrings, necklaces, brooches and bracelets, elegant hair accessories and minuscule sample-sized perfume glass tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->