What Hair Colour Is In?

Reaction score
i've been looking into dying my hair and like putting highlights but i was wondering what shades are in at the moment for hair?? its winter over here in sydney so i've always heard go darker in winter but what about a lil dare devlish attitude and going lighter?? my hair is a natural dark brown but i lightened it around a month or two ago.... so its a lighter shade of dark brown......
hmm m what do guys think of the Jennifer Aniston cut and colour she has?

It all depends on how light you're willing to go...it seems that blondeish highlights are rather in again - Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham have been sporting them lately, although others like Lindsay Lohan have been going darker. it depends on your preferences. On a slightly unrelated note, if that's a picture of you, I saw it at a glance and I thought you were Victoria Beckham!

:smile:

You could also check out magazines like InStyle which'll give updates on hair colours, etc, which work for skin colour, etc, and also for cut and styles. :smile:

OH WOW! You do look like a young victoria beckham- who btw I've always thought was very gorgeous..

I would say whiteish blonde is very hot along with deep red ala mary-kate olsen (which i'm having done tomorrow)...

I love the look of samarie armstrong (the OC) and shakira with dark roots and bleached hair

but also if you like jennifer anistons cut and color it is nice and I would say go do it!

I agree with the platinum blonde and redhead ... platinum a la Heidi Klum for VS
and if going redhead most colorists/stylists may know which shade is the right for you.

Personally ... I'd stay away from highlights ... unless they're VERY VERY discreet

Originally posted by pointup@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:01 am
OH WOW! You do look like a young victoria beckham- who btw I've always thought was very gorgeous..

I would say whiteish blonde is very hot along with deep red ala mary-kate olsen (which i'm having done tomorrow)...

I love the look of samarie armstrong (the OC) and shakira with dark roots and bleached hair

but also if you like jennifer anistons cut and color it is nice and I would say go do it!
I'm going to do the look that MK has in this picture. It should be interesting...I've never had anything so dramatic. I've been loving the Olsen's hair choices lately! :D

Ooh, very nice. I liked that look on her. I don't know why I want to get my hair like that, but I saw that picture and I LOVED MK's hair in it, and I'm feeling daredevilish, so I'm going to get my dark brown hair done like that. Hopefully it'll turn out well. :D I'm going to ask for black and brown lowlights, though, so it'll balance out the light colours and bring some depth back. :smile:

Originally posted by Misako+Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:35 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Misako @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:35 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pointup@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:01 am

I'm going to do the look that MK has in this picture. It should be interesting...I've never had anything so dramatic. I've been loving the Olsen's hair choices lately! :D [/b][/quote]
hey! thats my look! cha! hehehe :P

Originally posted by pointup@Jun 16th, 2004 - 9:22 am
i'm doing it deep red like this pic
that's how i did it a week ago :D

also with her as inspiration

:ninja: in my part of the woods, red & its mixes is real old news :ninja:
much more for summer
so.. everybody seems to be trying -hard- to get rid of red tones
since few months now
*most girls are turning towards light brown ash-y tones.

*obvious highlights are also seriously no-no,
they need to look very natural & sunkissed.

:flower:

I think I might get some blue highlights...I'm sick of shocking pink and red...

for me, I try to sway away from hair trends... I know it's the thing to do nowadays, color, cut, etc... - but for myself, I have a very particular face shape (round) and skin complexion (light-to-medium), so I need to go with what really looks good on me. THOUGH, I did go with the bangs (bad for a round face, but I still absolutely love them).

If I were you, I think going a bit lighter in the winter isn't a bad idea...highlights helps brighten you up no matter what the season.

Originally posted by Misako@Jun 16th, 2004 - 2:28 am
It all depends on how light you're willing to go...it seems that blondeish highlights are rather in again - Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham have been sporting them lately, although others like Lindsay Lohan have been going darker. it depends on your preferences. On a slightly unrelated note, if that's a picture of you, I saw it at a glance and I thought you were Victoria Beckham!

:smile:

You could also check out magazines like InStyle which'll give updates on hair colours, etc, which work for skin colour, etc, and also for cut and styles. :smile:
ohh y fank u!! i never been told i look like victoria beckham.. i always got told Catherine Zeta JOnes rofl...

anyhow thanks u guys for all ur advise!! blahh i hope i spelt that right... lol i've been think of the lighter or reds aswell.. has anyone seen the whole honey dark brown with the redish maroon roots??? a lil rock punkish??? hmm platinum blonde... i might look too weird too blonde.... lol argggggg i need a stylist lol

hdr.colprod.leftvis.gif

this???

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 16th, 2004 - 6:07 pm
*most girls are turning towards light brown ash-y tones.
I agree with you Lena, the ash tones are so natural, and fit with the romantic feel of the moment :heart:

yup less blondes more brunette hair lately...look at all the celebs who've switched their gold locks for something darker this year..

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 16th, 2004 - 7:01 am
HOT PINK IS THE SHIAAAT :lol: :heart:
dam right...

I want pink hair streaks :innocent: ....

but I'm afraid ill camoflage into my room. :ninja:

Jadieeee....you'd look good with pink if done right...it woulda been hot when you had ur really short choppy hair...its kinda long now so don't....I think u should go redhead maybe....but a intense red...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->