Where Can I Buy A Jacket/shirt Like This

duckboy

Reaction score
I've been looking for a shirt like this for a while, and I really really want it. Does anybody know where i can one? B)

Attachments

• za.jpg
    za.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks like something you could get an at Army/Navy surplus store.

You could probably also find something like it at H&M.

Its a neru, they came back briefly a few years ago, very cute if it is fitted with jeans. Sorry I can't help anymore than that.

Good call MJ, I didn't recognize it.

Google for Nehru jacket - careful of the spelling - and you will find a few variations.

Let us know how it works out!

I saw a jacket EXACTLY like that in TJ Maxx today. Except it was a women's jacket by Ralph Lauren (the Lauren line I believe).

try helmut lang..or if you know anyone in india...they are still very popular there, i think...maybe at a store which sells saris...and other things from india...

Failing all else , you can buy an ordinary pointed collar SAFARI JACKET ( AS LONG AS THE COLLAR IS MADE UP OF TWO SECTIONS , AS WITH A GOOD TAILORED SHIRT ) , unpick the top part of the collar and have it machine sewn down round the new ' collarless ' collar . ' Hey Presto !!! ' , you have a mandarin collared ( Nehru collared ) safari jacket !!!

I have done this to Marks and Spencer's shirts to get that mandarin collared ' Arcitect ' look , a la Issey Miyake - the maker of the essential ' Grandad ' shirt !!!

KIT B)

Originally posted by kit@Mar 21st, 2004 - 4:17 pm
Failing all else , you can buy an ordinary pointed collar SAFARI JACKET ( AS LONG AS THE COLLAR IS MADE UP OF TWO SECTIONS , AS WITH A GOOD TAILORED SHIRT ) , unpick the top part of the collar and have it machine sewn down round the new ' collarless ' collar . ' Hey Presto !!! ' , you have a mandarin collared ( Nehru collared ) safari jacket !!!

I have done this to Marks and Spencer's shirts to get that mandarin collared ' Arcitect ' look , a la Issey Miyake - the maker of the essential ' Grandad ' shirt !!!

KIT B)
oooh ...good one...i did that with a vintage dress i have....i forgot all about that...good suggestion

aside-i wonder if that dress still fits...hmmm

:innocent:

i'm a guy so modifying it won't be exactly an option as I have no skills in the art of sewing, i'll keep looking for one though, i love the military type look and such.

I own this jacket from DaNang, this designer always uses a lot of surplus - safari inspired fabrics, and they are great quality... This one is for women of course, but It fits perfectly on me :wink:

DAN-WO4_V1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->