Where do you shop online?

Yes, and if Mayor Ken has his way, Chelsea and Kensington will also be hit by the congestion charge fee shortly, so we will have to pay another £8.00 on top of parking just to get into Knightsbridge. :wink:

oh sigh whats w the rates, its absurd!! what a liability to own a car there, not knowing where to park it@

Chloe-Babe said:
Yes, and if Mayor Ken has his way, Chelsea and Kensington will also be hit by the congestion charge fee shortly, so we will have to pay another £8.00 on top of parking just to get into Knightsbridge. :wink:

Oh, wow. You know how ridiculously expensive that sounds to American ears, right? That's almost 16 dollars -- enough to get a nice meal (with margarita!) at a medium-priced restaurant. And that's a per-day charge, right? So every time you want to drive in The City, you have to shell out 8 quid? :blink: Something tells me that if I ever get to live in London, "old blue" (my trusty Honda) is going to stay here in the States!

chiangsi1980 said:
The selection is pretty good, but unfortunately I think they only accept credit cards with a US billing address!! Boo...!!! :cry:

That's a shame. I wonder if they'd accept something like Paypal instead of a credit card. Someone should set up a non-ebay service like that so that merchants (and buyers) have some layer of protection when selling to/buying from people from other countries.

Annabelle said:
Oh, wow. You know how ridiculously expensive that sounds to American ears, right? That's almost 16 dollars -- enough to get a nice meal (with margarita!) at a medium-priced restaurant. And that's a per-day charge, right? So every time you want to drive in The City, you have to shell out 8 quid? :blink: Something tells me that if I ever get to live in London, "old blue" (my trusty Honda) is going to stay here in the States!

Thats correct, the congestion charge alone would be £8, and thats not even with the parking (£4) per hour on top..depending on how long you want to park there for. I agree, the money i spend on parking could be used for a decent meal somewhere. :doh:

chiangsi1980 said:
The selection is pretty good, but unfortunately I think they only accept credit cards with a US billing address!! Boo...!!! :cry:

I hate sites like that too..I always find exciting websites but find out they only ship to the united states. :rolleyes: :(

vintage_princess said:
I agree, the money i spend on parking could be used for a decent meal somewhere. :doh:

That's not even counting the cost of a litre of petrol... Everybody's whining over here because gasoline is over 2 dollars per gallon! Oh, well...

I'm still jealous, you know. I've always thought London was fantastic. I didn't mind walking and riding the tube, either. It was a very cool lifestyle to me after 20-something years of driving everywhere.

So there aren't any cool European websites where we can order designer stuff?

^^ lol..that reminds me..people are complaining to about the price of petrol being raised all the time..there was even marches about it.

The only place I use is net-a-porter because they seem to have the best designer selection and they are very professional, although the stuff gets sold out really fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle

you can get a nice meal with margarita for $16 :blink: ? where?
i dont think ive ever seen a decent restaurant that cheap.

cloud9 said:
you can get a nice meal with margarita for $16 :blink: ? where?
i dont think ive ever seen a decent restaurant that cheap.

Believe it or not, it's actually possible in San Antonio. Particularly if you like Mexican food. There are so many great places to eat around here that they all compete for customers! And actually, the fancier and pricier (i.e. more touristy) restaurants tend not to be as good as the little out-of-the-way, family-run taquerias.

Mexican food aside, though, as long as you aren't expecting Spago, $16 can go a long way. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->