Who Is the Best Fashion Photographer Working Today?

aske @ ice

Reaction score
Who's the best Fashion Photographer in the world now ???

some names: Steven Meisel, David Lachapelle, Peter Lindberg, Steven Klain, Vincent Peters, Michel Comte, Bruce Weber, Max Cardelli, Giovanni Gastel. . . . . .

:rolleyes::P

Waiting . . . . . . .

ASKE

well, it's a question of how you interpret the word 'best' ... if it's about the photographer who gets the most work and is most generally acknowledged it's easier to say and steven meisel might be on top of that list...

but 'best' in terms of quality is a little more difficult, no?
anyway, it would be interesting if you could elaborate a little why you think the photographers you listed are among the best....:flower:

if "Best" as in in the current crop of prominent photographers, who suit my taste the most, I'd say Sophie Delaporte (her photos are always so soft and beautiful, with vivid colours), Tim Walker, Glen Luchford and Mert and Marcus. Sometimes Corinne Day (I like the way her work looks slightly unpolished and more real life than others' but she doesn't always stand out to me anymore), Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, Nick Knight (though sometimes I feel he's computer editting too many of his pictures, it makes him look .... well .... lacking in skill behind the lens and disguises his real photography skills) and Terry Richardson.

..... Well, I think I just about name-dropped everyone in the photography industry :lol:

i think that meisel has kind of reached a different level, although hes not my favorite i'd say he is undoubtedly the top.

Estella Mare said:
well, it's a question of how you interpret the word 'best' ... if it's about the photographer who gets the most work and is most generally acknowledged it's easier to say and steven meisel might be on top of that list...
Well, as u said, I think Steven Meisel is the best~~ and he's my favorite:heart: ~~~

My Fav. photographers: Patrick Demarchelier, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, David LaChapelle, Richard Avedon, Peter Lindbergh, Sante D'Orazio

It would have to be Steven Meisel! Followed by Mert & Marucs!

I recently saw an interview with none other than David Bailey, who said that he is the greatest Fashion Photographer ever.

He did also go on to say..."but all that effort to take a picture of a frock?"

Brilliant!

What I lovre about Steven Meisel is his diversity. All of a sudden he;ll hit you with something you've never seen from him before.

Last edited by a moderator:
BRUCE WEBER ! Inez & Vinoodh, David Lachapelle, Terry Richardson, Mario Testino,

For me, Steven Meisel is the best. He's just classic and beautiful. Nothing too fancy.

The bests for this moment are LaChapelle, Meisel & Lindberg

But my best loved is Javier Vallhonrat :heart:

All of them are good, but what sets them apart is the styling.

Personally, I think Miles Aldridge is an absolute God and maybe even underrated.

B) Hm... it's so hard to pick just one... And "best" to me is like trying to define what is normal... It's too much of a personal opinion. Who makes the most money off of shooting fashion? I really don't know. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->