Wooden-soled shoes.

Geek_Sheik

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of To & Co.'s (pictured below) that have wooden soles and I was just wondering what I could do to preserve the outsoles. I know I could get protective rubber put on them, but it would look kind of awkward because the soles are such a light colored wood. It may even end up looking kind of cheap. Does anybody else suffer from this obsessive compulsion; a desire to prevent your shoes from looking cheaply made?

I've worn them twice thus far and they've suffered some wear and tear from the cement and shards of broken glass on the dance floor. If they do wear out to a great extent, is it possible for a shoe repair shop to replace the wooden soles or somehow fix them to make them look New(er)?

They're my favorite pair of shoes and I don't want to wear them to the point of their destruction for fear of never being able to purchase them again. Help? Suggestions?

LG_1062.jpg

I've got several pairs of MIA wooden soled shoes which have a light gray rubber-like (probably some more durable plastic) sole no more than a millimeter thick applied to them, which is practically invisible from the side. Hasn't worn out yet even at the heel, and it's been 2 or 3 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->